ADVERTISEMENT

OT going thru Hagerstown MD Friday where would be a good place

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
to get a hoagie, sub etc not a Jimmy John or Subway a real mom and pop deli sandwich. or maybe even a crab cake. TIA (I did read some trip advisor stuff but figure some one here would know more)

to get a hoagie, sub etc not a Jimmy John or Subway a real mom and pop deli sandwich. or maybe even a crab cake. TIA (I did read some trip advisor stuff but figure some one here would know more)
A little bit down the road (0n the WV side of 81), but Jordyn’s Deli outside Martinsburg is fantastic.

Reactions: sluggo72
If it doesn’t have to be Hagerstown, there is a Chaps Pit Beef in Fredrick MD. Their roast beef and other pit meat is to die for. Fries are legit as well. I get the sandwich that has beef, corned beef, and sausage in a roll. It’s amazing with some zippy tiger sauce! Worth going 30 minutes out of your way.

If it doesn’t have to be Hagerstown, there is a Chaps Pit Beef in Fredrick MD. Their roast beef and other pit meat is to die for. Fries are legit as well. I get the sandwich that has beef, corned beef, and sausage in a roll. It’s amazing with some zippy tiger sauce! Worth going 30 minutes out of your way.
Are they affiliated with the Chaps Pit Beef in Bmore? If so I absolutely agree.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Not a Hoagie stop, but a nice pizza and local beverage. Stopped there randomly one trip back home. Pretty easy access to 70&81. The wife approved.

Cushwa Brewing Company
10210 Governor Lane Boulevard, #2010
Williamsport, MD 21795
301-223-3434

Rik’s Cafe - many good sandwiches available
Schmankeri Stube Bavarian Restaurant - authentic German (lots of German heritage in HGR)
Lump crab sandwich (HGR has Baltimore influence). Nicks Airport Inn - Toasted cheese/crab with Tomato bisque soup

Enjoy your time

Where did you end up eating? Are you still in a food coma?

Where did you end up eating? Are you still in a food coma?
Well Chaps for a quick lunch if their traditional and fries. My wife says she is a beef snob, she loved it as did I. Their fries were good as well
Bennys pub. Had hot crab dip which was excellent as well as chicken w crab which I enjoyed. My wife had a salad and steamed shrimp. Seeing how we can’t get the hot steamed shrimp at home it too went down well
Bennys is your basic dump w good food, cold beer my kind of place
The owner is a Packers fan so yo have to deal w that

Thanks for the recommendation see above we enjoyed it!! Took the road (15) less traveled home which was a good Desicion

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Sorry I just saw this, place called "Turtles" has one of the best cheese steaks around, you would have loved it..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT