ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gift ideas for people who are constantly on the road for work? *

Never heard of them. I used to travel a lot and I'd never consider buying luggage without it having excellent reviews. I wouldn't consider a $200 carry on bag that I've never heard of. Also while things like integrated batteries for charging sound nice, separate batteries provide more flexibility in terms of how you can use them, without forcing you to add the weight to your luggage. I'm picky with luggage though. I ended up buying Travelpro luggage, never been happier with a bag. I bought it based on tons of good reviews and the fact that at least half of the flight crews I see also use their bags.
The Away "Bigger Carry On" suitcase has a hard shell that is pretty bulletfroof; It comes with a lifetime warranty against damage. They are also designed to be as big as possible and still qualify as carry on luggage. They have TSA approved locking device that allows the TSA to get into the bag if they decide to inspect it and you are not present. (It beats getting your bag back with the locks broken and a strap around it, as happened to me once.) The roller wheels on the suitcase work really well. Lastly, the integrated battery pops out to facilitate charging and use.

Some great ideas in here.

She already has two Tumis and really wants this new, clear suitcase... brand starts with an S and the name runs diagonal in red across the exterior of the luggage. Think I'm going to let her get that one for herself. :)

Some great ideas in here.

She already has two Tumis and really wants this new, clear suitcase... brand starts with an S and the name runs diagonal in red across the exterior of the luggage. Think I'm going to let her get that one for herself. :)
Supreme. That's what she's going for.

The Away "Bigger Carry On" suitcase has a hard shell that is pretty bulletfroof; It comes with a lifetime warranty against damage. They are also designed to be as big as possible and still qualify as carry on luggage. They have TSA approved locking device that allows the TSA to get into the bag if they decide to inspect it and you are not present. (It beats getting your bag back with the locks broken and a strap around it, as happened to me once.) The roller wheels on the suitcase work really well. Lastly, the integrated battery pops out to facilitate charging and use.
Lost me at hard-sided. I prefer soft luggage, it's easier to cram into tight spaces and often weighs less. Different strokes for different folks, I'm not a fan of hard luggage personally.

FYI, you can buy cheap TSA approved locks to add to any suitcase, it's not something that needs to be built in. The locks are more or less useless though, they are so small and weak it's not going to stop anyone that really wants to get in your bag. But if you use them and TSA opens your bag they will re-lock them when finished.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT