ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gift ideas for people who are constantly on the road for work? *

Sincerely a subscription to Audible is a great idea.

Sounds dumb gas gift cards

if travels take him or her To overnight trips a leather bound journal to write where all he or she has been

Reactions: ChiTownLion
1. a really nice pair of noise cancelling headphones, by far the best gift if they don't have one already.
2. new toiletry bag
3. carry on suitcase.
4. compact/small quality wireless speaker
5. two sided belt
6. combo plug in charger & portable charger in one

My daughter got a new job recently and travels 50% of the time now. She asked me if I would get her an "Away" carry-on suitcase for Christmas. I ordered it online and it was delivered in about a week.

Reactions: Rollin Stone
1. a really nice pair of noise cancelling headphones, by far the best gift if they don't have one already.
2. new toiletry bag
3. carry on suitcase.
4. compact/small quality wireless speaker
5. two sided belt
6. combo plug in charger & portable charger in one

My wife travels about once a month to the mid-west and only take a carry-on suitcase / bag. I have been thinking about those away,com bags that have the built in phone chargers.

Has anyone here had one of theses bags?
https://www.awaytravel.com/shop/luggage

Love to hear a review.

My wife travels about once a month to the mid-west and only take a carry-on suitcase / bag. I have been thinking about those away,com bags that have the built in phone chargers.

Love to hear a review.

See my post right above yours. My daughter is very friendly with the flight attendants and this is what they told her to get.

I have it sitting in my office. I can tell you that the packaging is very nice. Apple-esque.

Love to hear a review.

biggest thing to me for carry on bag is really two things...biggest it can be and still fit in the overheard and easy handle & wheels to roll along. if for a women, research the lightest one available yet still durable.

Love to hear a review.
Love the Away suitcase. Removable battery and simple, durable, functional design that allows for a lot of packing. The large carry on is ideal size for any trip up to a week. I got my wife an Away gift card for her birthday this year.

My daughter got a new job recently and travels 50% of the time now. She asked me if I would get her an "Away" carry-on suitcase for Christmas. I ordered it online and it was delivered in about a week.
My wife and sons love their Away "Bigger Carry On" suitcases. (There is a slightly smaller Carry On that meets the requirements for European air carriers.) The built in charger holds a ton of charge.

She moved on from DuPont? Or had she already moved on from them when she moved to N. Jersey?

Yes, she's no longer at Uncle Dupie. She moved into the financial arena and does marketing for a large financial institution.

If she flies, a puffy vest is great. You never know the temperature of the plane, are going to different climates, and hate to pack heavy coats and cloths. I wear a t shirt, under amour pull over and a warm vest. When I don't need it, it takes little room to pack away.

Other suggestions are taken. I am not a fan of the headphones, too large to pack and carry. I do earbuds. Some like earbuds and some don't.

Just boarded a plane and am sitting in 3B. The ramp was 25 degrees and plane feels like 80. Love my vest!!

If she flies, a puffy vest is great. You never know the temperature of the plane, are going to different climates, and hate to pack heavy coats and cloths. I wear a t shirt, under amour pull over and a warm vest. When I don't need it, it takes little room to pack away.

Other suggestions are taken. I am not a fan of the headphones, too large to pack and carry. I do earbuds. Some like earbuds and some don't.

Just boarded a plane and am sitting in 3B. The ramp was 25 degrees and plane feels like 80. Love my vest!!
Middle Seat? Argh.

Sounds dumb gas gift cards
Depends if they travel on their own dime or not. If they live off an expense account, this isn't at all valuable since they aren't paying for their travel costs.

Travel items and accessories are a good idea in general, but people that travel a lot tend to have pretty specific tastes when it comes to their luggage and accessories. Minimalist and multipurpose items that take up very little space are valuable. Tech accessories can be great, things like nice noise cancelling headphones, external battery packs for charging devices, etc. If you know what type of luggage this person likes, a new bag that is of good quality and of similar form function would likely be a great gift, but isn't cheap. The risk is that if someone has been a road warrior for a while they likely already have a lot of these items covered.

Love to hear a review.
Never heard of them. I used to travel a lot and I'd never consider buying luggage without it having excellent reviews. I wouldn't consider a $200 carry on bag that I've never heard of. Also while things like integrated batteries for charging sound nice, separate batteries provide more flexibility in terms of how you can use them, without forcing you to add the weight to your luggage. I'm picky with luggage though. I ended up buying Travelpro luggage, never been happier with a bag. I bought it based on tons of good reviews and the fact that at least half of the flight crews I see also use their bags.

I recently ditched my Bose QC 15s for their QC20 earbuds. While the QC15 was immensely comfortable, I loathed them every time I had to stuff that large case in a carry on. The QC20s aren't quite as comfortable and don't quite have the same level of noise cancelling, but they fit in my pocket. I've been really happy making that switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
Never heard of them. I used to travel a lot and I'd never consider buying luggage without it having excellent reviews. I wouldn't consider a $200 carry on bag that I've never heard of. Also while things like integrated batteries for charging sound nice, separate batteries provide more flexibility in terms of how you can use them, without forcing you to add the weight to your luggage. I'm picky with luggage though. I ended up buying Travelpro luggage, never been happier with a bag. I bought it based on tons of good reviews and the fact that at least half of the flight crews I see also use their bags.
I buy whatever spinner is on sale at ebags. Right now, have a "Penguin" spinner that works just fine. I go through one a year. A friend just bought a high end product that she says has a lifetime warranty. She paid $400 for it.

Well then, you should read their reviews. Most people love them. Best luggage I have owned. And the battery is removable (needs to be by FAA regulations).

The founders were executives at Warby Parker, another excellent company.

did you get her a luggage tag was well?

* A membership for TSA Pre screen or Clear

* A door stop for the hotel ....cheap safety

* A bible!

Be safe and have some fun Road Warriors!

ADVERTISEMENT