ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FYI, JZ says Newsweek article is still a go. (edit: Story now spiked)

The story is supposed to include the planted fake accuser details.
I've not heard that. I do know that they were leaked a lot of information from within the University as to V's and payouts.

I've not heard that. I do know that they were leaked a lot of information from within the University as to V's and payouts.
Zig mentioned in his last podcast the fake accuser will be in the story, or at least he expects it to be.

Reactions: step.eng69
This sounds like the same old Z narrative. Jerry is guilty. People need to accept that and move on. He’s as guilty as the work week is long. You can blame the legal system, political conspiracies or incompetent defense teams, but the fact remains that this all happened because Jerry is guilty of doing awful things.

JoePa, by virtue of what happened, was never going to skate. Yes, he was railroaded and it wasn’t fair, but it was always going to happen. Trying to undo this after the fact has been counter productive and, if anything, has hurt Joe’s legacy.

Reactions: wbcincy
This sounds like the same old Z narrative. Jerry is guilty. People need to accept that and move on. He’s as guilty as the work week is long. You can blame the legal system, political conspiracies or incompetent defense teams, but the fact remains that this all happened because Jerry is guilty of doing awful things.

JoePa, by virtue of what happened, was never going to skate. Yes, he was railroaded and it wasn’t fair, but it was always going to happen. Trying to undo this after the fact has been counter productive and, if anything, has hurt Joe’s legacy.

:confused:

Let me get this straight. If someone tells a lie we should accept it and “move on” because telling the truth is counterproductive? Telling the truth is is never counterproductive. This is the thinking of the OGBOT. It’s to bad a great man was unfairly trashed, oh well, nothing we can do now. If telling the truth hurts Joe’s legacy it is only because someone’s I.Q. Is to low to have an open mind.

new info?

The one item that does interest me from JZ’s claims is the timing of when MM witnessed the shower incident (possibly late Dec?) and when he went to Joe (Feb). If there is some firm proof that two months went by before MM went to Joe, that would potentially be significant “new info”. Otherwise, not hopeful.

What "does" matter to you? Seriously?

If you were alleged of doing something illegal, would you want someone to commission an "independent" report investigating the alleged crime? A report that never questioned you or the victims or other people supposedly involved in the alleged crime?

This is one of the foremost reasons why our Constitution was written the way it was. Now, consider that it was an academic institution that commissioned the study.

Not sure how you can be upset at 2 guys trying to get at the truth. The truth certainly hasn't come from the OAG, OGbot, or the media. Counterproductive to whom or what, exactly? I thought JVP wanted the truth on his deathbed?

Last edited:

What exactly do you find factually wrong with Ziegler’s narrative? And no, “Ziegler is a victim shaming asshole” doesn’t count.

Reactions: francofan
The one item that does interest me from JZ’s claims is the timing of when MM witnessed the shower incident (possibly late Dec?) and when he went to Joe (Feb). If there is some firm proof that two months went by before MM went to Joe, that would potentially be significant “new info”. Otherwise, not hopeful.

Ziegler also says he now has information on every accuser who received a settlement from PSU, not just the trial accusers. And their stories are pathetic. Many were strong defenders of Jerry until PSU announced they were paying out millions and the rest never even knew Jerry. Also, Ziegler has noted that concerning the trial accusers, many of the statements on their claims against PSU completely contradicted their trial testimonies.

new info?
If the past is any indication.....maybe Charlie actually gets his chance.

giphy.gif

Also, even if you can’t accept that Sandusky may be innocent, it should be extremely clear that the ONE incident that JoePA was demonized for was complete BS. That concerns the 2001 (or more likely 2000) incident in which Mike McQueary complained about Jerry being in the shower with a boy, then became convinced he saw a sexual assault 10 years later (despite telling JoePa he was alright with how the incident was handled and continuing to support Sandusky’s charity by playing in its golf fundraisers). The boys name was Allan Myers. He was a straight married Marine who defended Jerry even after his arrest. Only after getting a DUI and having his career prospects devastated did his attorney get him to file a claim against PSU (and tampered with him when questioned by prosecutors so he wouldn’t even have to testify at trial). Yet the OAG is still holding to the absolutely absurd fable that the “McQueary Victim” is known only to God. You don’t have to believe Jerry is completely innocent to call Bullshit on that.

Last edited:

I think JS is guilty of doing inappropriate things with kids. I don't think MM saw him rape a kid in the Lasch Building because that would be nearly impossible while standing and MM testified that the boy wasn't in distress. I also don't believe half of the accusers. These are largely low income kids that were promised a big paycheck for changing their story after going through repressed memory therapy.

I also don't think that MM told PSU administrators very much more than inappropriate horseplay. The media and even our legal system would have you believe that MM told things to C/S/P that he wouldn't even tell his own parents or Dranov. That makes zero sense.

Don't get me wrong. C/S handled things very poorly. They didn't even document MM's report or their response. That's inexcusable. I'm even OK with those who say Joe should have done more to follow up. But knowingly allow a pedophile to assault children for more than a decade? That's absurd.

FWIW I think the Nassar situation at MSU is similar. The administration probably didn't take reports seriously and didn't respond to them adequately. No excuse. But I do nit think they knowingly allowed a sex abuser to assault women. Makes no sense.

Reactions: roswelllion
Not sure how you can be upset at 2 guys trying to get at the truth. The truth certainly hasn't come from the OAG, OGbot, or the media. Counterproductive to whom or what, exactly? I thought JVP wanted the truth on his deathbed?
It’s counter productive on two levels:

1) it’s not going to exonerate JoePa, no matter how unfairly he was treated

2) the people doing the investigating have swung so far into the deep end that the mere fact the story comes from them presents fundamental credibility issues. The source of truth matters in society.

I don’t believe this is any closer to the truth than it was years ago.

Also, even if you can’t accept that Sandusky may be innocent, it should be extremely clear that the ONE incident that JoePA was demonized for was complete BS. That concerns the 2001 (or more likely 2000) incident in which Mike McQueary complained about Jerry being in the shower with a boy, then became convinced he saw a sexual assault 10 years later (despite telling JoePa he was alright with how the incident was handled and continuing to support Sandusky’s charity by playing in its golf fundraisers). The boys name was Allan Myers. He was a straight married Marine who defended Jerry even after his arrest. Only after getting a DUI and having his career prospects devastated did his attorney get him to file a claim against PSU (and tampered with him when questioned by prosecutors so he wouldn’t even have to testify at trial). Yet the OAG is still holding to the absolutely absurd fable that the “McQueary Victim” is known only to God. You don’t have to believe Jerry is completely innocent to call Bullshit on that.
I’m not saying there isn’t any BS involved, but the general body of evidence says Jerry committed crimes. Given that some of those crimes happened while he was a coach, Joe was always going to get pulled into this.

We can split hairs all we want, but there were north of 30 alleged victims out there. Had this continued, there would have been some credible claims of abuse years before 1998 and 2002 coming to life in court filings. That would still have pulled Joe into the firing line.

Joe was not to blame, but like we see so often in society, leaders are often removed when catastrophes like this happen in their organizations.

Reactions: wbcincy and psu7113
I think JS is guilty of doing inappropriate things with kids. I don't think MM saw him rape a kid in the Lasch Building because that would be nearly impossible while standing and MM testified that the boy wasn't in distress. I also don't believe half of the accusers. These are largely low income kids that were promised a big paycheck for changing their story after going through repressed memory therapy.

I also don't think that MM told PSU administrators very much more than inappropriate horseplay. The media and even our legal system would have you believe that MM told things to C/S/P that he wouldn't even tell his own parents or Dranov. That makes zero sense.

Don't get me wrong. C/S handled things very poorly. They didn't even document MM's report or their response. That's inexcusable. I'm even OK with those who say Joe should have done more to follow up. But knowingly allow a pedophile to assault children for more than a decade? That's absurd.

FWIW I think the Nassar situation at MSU is similar. The administration probably didn't take reports seriously and didn't respond to them adequately. No excuse. But I do nit think they knowingly allowed a sex abuser to assault women. Makes no sense.
I generally agree with what you wrote.

I’m not saying there isn’t any BS involved, but the general body of evidence says Jerry committed crimes. Given that some of those crimes happened while he was a coach, Joe was always going to get pulled into this.

We can split hairs all we want, but there were north of 30 alleged victims out there. Had this continued, there would have been some credible claims of abuse years before 1998 and 2002 coming to life in court filings. That would still have pulled Joe into the firing line.

Joe was not to blame, but like we see so often in society, leaders are often removed when catastrophes like this happen in their organizations.

Dude, do you still think the McQueary incident happened in 2002?

What accusers do you believe were credible and why? Considering almost all accusers were convinced to flip based on the investigators (often inaccurately) sharing the stories of other accusers, simply saying there were so many victims is not adequate. Jerry worked with hundreds of boys, most grew up in rough situations, did not have the highest moral character, and likely had trouble making ends meet as adults. It’s not absurd to think some would lie for money after the newspaper stated PSU would be paying close to $100 million in settlement just after the arrest. And If you haven’t researched the credibility of each one individually, I simply cannot take your views more seriously than John Zieglers views.

Last edited:
Dude, do you still think the McQueary incident happened in 2002?

What accusers do you believe were credible and why? Considering almost all accusers were convinced to flip based on the investigators sharing the (often inaccurate) stories of other accusers, simply saying there were so many victims is not adequate. And If you haven’t researched the credibility of each one individually, I simply cannot take your views more seriously than John Zieglers views.
Great. Believe what you want. My opinions are mine.

Great. Believe what you want. My opinions are mine.

If someone could put out a rational refutation of the conclusions Ziegler and Pendergrast have come to, I’d certainly be willing to believe it. But all I see are personal attacks and the constant regurgitation of a pathetic Jeff Pearlman article from a few years back.

Nassar is far worse IMO. In that case victims went directly to people in charge and were basically discouraged from doing anything further.

Nassar is far worse IMO. In that case victims went directly to people in charge and were basically discouraged from doing anything further.

It seems almost all serial predators who were active for decades have had kids complain only to be ignored by adults. It’s very revealing that there was not a single case of that with Sandusky.

Agree that it wasn't second hand reports like in the Sandusky case. I still think that MSU officials likely downplayed the complaints because they thought they were overblown or not credible. Absolutely no excuse but I find it hard to believe that they knowingly allowed him to continue assaulting girls. Just doesn't make sense.

I also doubt that all of 265 of Nassar's accusers are credible. My guess is that a lot of them came forward after lawyers promised a big payday. 265 without a single college girl or parent taking it to a higher level?

Last edited:
Reactions: marshall23
Agree that it wasn't second hand reports like in the Sandusky case. I still think that MSU officials likely downplayed the complaints because they thought they were overblown or not credible. Absolutely no excuse but I find it hard to believe that they knowingly allowed him to continue assaulting girls. Just doesn't make sense.

I think the big reason the Nassar complaints were ignored is that he convinced people what he was doing to the girls was a legitimate medical procedure.

I think the big reason the Nassar complaints were ignored is that he convinced people what he was doing to the girls was a legitimate medical procedure.
He convinced MSU officials, the girls and their parents. Even so I suspect some of the 265 weren't abused at all but signed up for the payday. Hiw can they be proven wrong?

It absolutely doesn’t, that’s the point! This entire case is built on emotion and hysteria. The evidence overwhelmingly points to JS’s innocence. Fisher’s stories are totally ridiculous and he’s the most “credible” accuser!? Allen Myers denied abuse and even defended JS. It was a perfect storm of cowardice and ignorance that has led us to where we are in this case. Your post illustrates this perfectly. The guy was impotent for the years most of the supposed abuse happened for crying out loud! It’s almost comical at this point. Some days though I almost wish I believed the myth like most of the ignorant public. It’s downright maddening to watch and something I’ll never forgive “PSU” for causing.

"Yes he was railroaded and it wasn't fair, but it was always going to happen." --so the legacy was already hurt. So do or say nothing? If you know in your heart that there is wrong here, why not try to rectify it? That, to me, is "counter-productive!"

"FWIW I think the Nassar situation at MSU is similar". I believe not, there was no beloved Coach to throw under the bus by the PSU BoT and/or the Press (ESPN and PennLive).

Comparing Nassar to JS is a non-starter (other than comparing the media reaction to each case). Nassar took a plea and plead guilty. JS has never admitted to anything criminal.

Let me know when Rachael Denhollander or others start throwing acid on the cars of neighbors (and threatening them) that question their story.

Reactions: RussianEagle
"FWIW I think the Nassar situation at MSU is similar". I believe not, there was no beloved Coach to throw under the bus by the PSU BoT and/or the Press (ESPN and PennLive).
True about the coach.

The similarities IMO:
  • Officials at both universities did an unacceptable job dealing with report(s) of abuse.
  • Officials at both universities did NOT knowingly allow children to be abused. Failing to recognize the severity of allegations is not the same as intentionally enabling child abuse.

Reactions: LionFanStill

If you accept the underhandedness of the prosecution, then why are you so sure Sandusky is guilty?

Let me put it another way. If it's so obvious that Jerry is guilty, why did they have to go to such lengths to prove it?

ADVERTISEMENT