ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FoxChapelLion and Nova Lover, good news ...

artsandletters

Jun 6, 2008
Joe Cremo, the 6’4” U of Albany grad transfer, committed to Villanova. Shoots 46% from the 3, and averaged 18 a game. He’s a fill-in in case DD goes NBA (doubt it). Cremo plays like DD but isn’t as athletic. He’s very good. Check out his video at VuHoops. This is really good news. Cremo was in demand.

Saw that as well... sitting on pins and needles until Donte' and Omari make a final decision after the combine. Cremo is a great addition to a team that will need some experience (can't believe I am saying that).

Saw that as well... sitting on pins and needles until Donte' and Omari make a final decision after the combine. Cremo is a great addition to a team that will need some experience (can't believe I am saying that).
One game doesn’t make an NBA player. DD needs another year. So does Omari. However ... money.

Fingers crossed. A Villanova team with Omari and DD back, plus Cremo, will be very dangerous.:D

So it's good news on a PSU message board that this kid didn't choose PSU (who needs him badly)?

I can't criticize a guy who will go round 1, and already has a National Championship under his belt, for turning pro. That said, a starting lineup of DD, Paschall, Phil, Spellman and incoming freshman Javon Quinerly is a Final Four team. Again.

Jay's crootin' though is at such a level that we should remain in the hunt almost every year. Any step back should be temporary at worst.

I thought I lived through the glory years when I was in school with three Final Eights and a NC the year after I graduated. Wrong.

The best of times are RIGHT NOW.

I can't criticize a guy who will go round 1, and already has a National Championship under his belt, for turning pro. That said, a starting lineup of DD, Paschall, Phil, Spellman and incoming freshman Javon Quinerly is a Final Four team. Again.

Jay's crootin' though is at such a level that we should remain in the hunt almost every year. Any step back should be temporary at worst.

I thought I lived through the glory years when I was in school with three Final Eights and a NC the year after I graduated. Wrong.

The best of times are RIGHT NOW.
I get the sense that Omari is returning to school. He’s more valuable to next year’s team than Donte, which says a lot about Villanova’s roster.

Quinerly, Booth, Omari, Paschall and grad transfer Cremo. Gillespie, DC Roundtree, Samuels and Swider will round it out. Am I forgetting someone? Slater may RS.

BTW, there’s a poster who always criticizes Wright for not using his 13 scholarships. I’ve seen a quote from Jay saying they do that on purpose. He uses an 8, 9 at the most, rotation. Unhappy schollie benchsitters makes for unhappy players. Motivated walkons can make for a happy family (see the walkon PSU OL that Franklin and players praise - name escapes me).

Villanova’s in play for Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis for the ‘19 class, both bigtime and teammates at Ranney School in NJ. They’re also in on other highly ranked ‘19 ballers and have two already committed. This could cause a numbers problem that Jay isn’t comfortable with.

Gonna miss Donte. I love his game.

I get the sense that Omari is returning to school. He’s more valuable to next year’s team than Donte, which says a lot about Villanova’s roster.

Quinerly, Booth, Omari, Paschall and grad transfer Cremo. Gillespie, DC Roundtree, Samuels and Swider will round it out. Am I forgetting someone? Slater may RS.

BTW, there’s a poster who always criticizes Wright for not using his 13 scholarships. I’ve seen a quote from Jay saying they do that on purpose. He uses an 8, 9 at the most, rotation. Unhappy schollie benchsitters makes for unhappy players. Motivated walkons can make for a happy family (see the walkon PSU OL that Franklin and players praise - name escapes me).

Villanova’s in play for Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis for the ‘19 class, both bigtime and teammates at Ranney School in NJ. They’re also in on other highly ranked ‘19 ballers and have two already committed. This could cause a numbers problem that Jay isn’t comfortable with.

Gonna miss Donte. I love his game.

That guy's an idiot. First, how can anyone criticize Jay for anything he does. Second, he's not the only one doing it, its a private conversation I have had with college coaches recruiting my kids. They basically ask if the kid will be fine with potentially not playing for two years and tell me that they are ok with not using their last scholly if he's not a team player.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Spellman staying in the draft per his tweet today.

Short term hit to Villanova. Good news is, plenty of PT available for top recruits.
Villanova and UK are in it for Stanford grad transfer, Reid Travis (I know, name seems backward) 19 pts a game, 9 rebounds but a crappy 30% from three. Jay wants to shore up the post for a year I guess.

It would be odd seeing a 22 year old wearing a UK uniform. I think Pat Riley was the last one :rolleyes:.

Villanova and UK are in it for Stanford grad transfer, Reid Travis (I know, name seems backward) 19 pts a game, 9 rebounds but a crappy 30% from three. Jay wants to shore up the post for a year I guess.

It would be odd seeing a 22 year old wearing a UK uniform. I think Pat Riley was the last one :rolleyes:.
I just now got off the phone with my old roomie and he related the same thing. If we could bring him in, that would really help.

Looking at a tough year. Might have trouble winning more than 25.

I just now got off the phone with my old roomie and he related the same thing. If we could bring him in, that would really help.

Omari leaving is good as far as getting Travis. He’d start at the 5. It also may depend on who’s leaving UK for the draft. We really don’t have a proven 5.

I have high expectations for soph Samuels and the incoming Swider and Quinerly.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr

I disagree sir.

I think, every other team in their league suffered player losses.

Still, Villanova remains the strongest of the bunch.

Sweet-16 team for sure IMO.

Go Tar Heels!

:)

Bey is from same HS as Josh Hart, very good llate pickup. Nova will be young but talented next season.

Hearing today on the Tweeter that Jay is all in on 5-star Isaiah Stewart out of Rochester NY. 6'9" center/PF. Pure stud, Top-20 player. Already has a tremendous offer sheet - major powers like Duke, Michy State, Florida and Purdue have already offered. Class of '19 prospect. I'm worried if we can beat out Pitt though, because they offered too.

We make this sign and look out below. Of course the talking heads will keep on bleating how Boeheim is the greatest coach ever and Villanova is just a bunch of scrappy scrappers with D-III talent. I love it - I hope they NEVER stop.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Hearing today on the Tweeter that Jay is all in on 5-star Isaiah Stewart out of Rochester NY. 6'9" center/PF. Pure stud, Top-20 player. Already has a tremendous offer sheet - major powers like Duke, Michy State, Florida and Purdue have already offered. Class of '19 prospect. I'm worried if we can beat out Pitt though, because they offered too.

We make this sign and look out below. Of course the talking heads will keep on bleating how Boeheim is the greatest coach ever and Villanova is just a bunch of scrappy scrappers with D-III talent. I love it - I hope they NEVER stop.
I think Stewart is at McQuaid, the Catholic HS in Rochacha. Jay has been on him a long time. Let’s hope. I’m curious to see where Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis end up. Villanova’s a player with both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT