ADVERTISEMENT

OT: for the "Kaepernick isn't good enough" crowd

It is all in the eye of the beholder. Cherry picking stats is easy. Kaepernick had 16 TD passes in 2016. Fewer than the likes of Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill, Trevor Simian, etc. His 4 int's were great but he only threw for 190 yards per game.

So to me Kaepernick is a perfect backup QB (good ball security and low production.) Is he willing to play for backup money?

It's ESPN - cherry picking stats is what they do. Still - doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
It's ESPN - cherry picking stats is what they do. Still - doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Tebow has one of the worst completion percentages in NFL history for a starter . . . never stopped a lot of people here from kissing his ring.

Also note Bortles played in 4 more games and had about 300 more pass attempts. Cherry picking indeed....

Tebow has one of the worst completion percentages in NFL history for a starter . . . never stopped a lot of people here from kissing his ring.

It may, or may not have had anything to do with his success, or lack thereof, in his professional career, but, he was a "shot" quarterback before he ever set foot in an NFL training camp. The hits he took for four years of being the qb in Meyers' offense, had affected his talent for the worse, as early as his rookie year. This happens often with Meyers' quarterbacks.

Reactions: BBrown
Don't your first and third sentences contradict each other? Barry Bonds was a bona fide star and was one of the greatest active players to ever play the game and every single owner still passed him over.
As a Bucco fan, all I will ever remember about balloon head is the following. In the 1990 playoffs against the Braves, the Braves intentionally walked Bobby Bonilla to load the bases so that they could pitch to Bonds. I can't recall if he struck out or popped out, but i am certain that he did not produce an RBI. He stunk and no amount of injections will ever fix that!!!

Oh, and let us not forget that it was Barry Bonds who was playing left field in Game 7 and failed to throw out the speedy and elusive Sid Bream sliding across the plate chuckling his ass off

Next time some goes on and on about how crazy left-wing political correctness is (and sometimes it is), here's a guy who didn't beat up his girlfriend, he didn't carry a weapon, he didn't do drugs, he didn't gamble on NFL games, he didn't join the KKK, he didn't get 6 women pregnant in 6 different cities, he didn't even tell the ball boy to underinflate a football.

He chose not to stand for the national anthem to make a point about Francis Scott Key being a slaveholder and a zealous defender of slavery. That all those stirring words about freedom in the Star Spangled Banner weren't intended to apply to anybody not white. For that, Kaepernick has been banned from professional football.

Yeah, for sure any employer has the right to hire whomever he/she chooses. And in defense of the NFL clubs, they are worried that Kaepernick would be toxic -- not to their team but to their ticket sales. And it is perfectly okay for that to be the reason not to hire him. So I'm not really blaming the owners here.

But I think it's a dark comment on the direction of this country. I am sorry to see political correctness (and really there should be a better word for it -- maybe political repression) infect both sides of the spectrum. If someone doesn't want to say a loyalty oath or sing the Star-Spangled Banner or God Bless America (or for that matter the Alma Mater), that shouldn't be the end of their career.

You know, land of the free, home of the brave and all that. Compulsory loyalty exercises aren't supposed to be what we're about in this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT