ADVERTISEMENT

OT for the guys yelling FOOTBALL link to break down of the Ertz Superbowl TD

This is the reason that NE has owned the Steelers, I do not see the Steeler offensive or defensive coaches putting in the necessary time/energy to break the tendencies shown by the Steelers in the preceding weeks leading up to the NE game.

Great job by The Eagles, great article, thanks for posting.

the how and why of what they did. Or do you really want to bitch about the humidity? teasing

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/e...-ertz-touchdown-wristband-145-mmqb-peter-king

This article, at least the part I read (didn't read the whole thing) alludes to my opinion that the Pats are winning due to what happens off the field. Predicting what the other team will do with precision.

The NFL, while a great sport, is becoming an off the field sport.

While it would never happen, moving it to a Tennis like setup would make it more interesting.

LdN

that was a lot of fun to read; thanks for linking. I'm happy for Reich that he's gotten a head coaching gig, though it's unfortunate his/the Colt's gain is the Eagles' loss.
I hope Frank does well. IIRC he was Phi Beta Kappa while at MD. His brother Joe, a Gettysburg College Bullet, has done well as HC at Wingate.

I had a funny flashback this weekend to the video of Jeff Fisher telling Nick Foles he was cut on Hard Knocks. Very awkward phone call. Crazy to think that Jeff had Nick Foles, Case Keenum, and Jared Goff on his roster while with the Rams. No wonder he is not coaching anymore.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
I had a funny flashback this weekend to the video of Jeff Fisher telling Nick Foles he was cut on Hard Knocks. Very awkward phone call. Crazy to think that Jeff had Nick Foles, Case Keenum, and Jared Goff on his roster while with the Rams. No wonder he is not coaching anymore.
I think I keep hearing Chippa Kelly saying you'll never win a Super bowl with Nick Foles at QB. I am going to try and find that Hard Knocks episode

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
I think I keep hearing Chippa Kelly saying you'll never win a Super bowl with Nick Foles at QB. I am going to try and find that Hard Knocks episode
Did he really say that? That would be surprising. I would think a guy with Kelly's ego would think he could win with any QB, especially after "27-2".
Too bad Kelly couldn't adapt. I still think he could have had continued success if he did that and didn't take over GM duties.

Did he really say that? That would be surprising. I would think a guy with Kelly's ego would think he could win with any QB, especially after "27-2".
Too bad Kelly couldn't adapt. I still think he could have had continued success if he did that and didn't take over GM duties.
I think he did, I;ll try to find it. here's the Nick Foles clip when w the Rams

I think I got it from this, he may not have said it in public but......
Call him cold, but after years of watching him day after day Chip Kelly understood he wasn't going to win a Super Bowl with Nick Foles. He wanted a quarterback with more talent, and recognized "rolling the dice" and trusting his sports science-heavy medical staff to ensure Sam Bradford is (and stays) healthy was his best bet. Many may argue Chip gave up too much in the trade, but for a player with legit and proven No. 1 pick skills it was worth the health risks

read more....http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/03/chip-kelly-is-brilliant-and-youre-all-dumb

Reactions: Grant Green
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT