ADVERTISEMENT

OT FC what did the guy at Bloomsburg do or not do to get fired.

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
PAUL DARRAGH
Darragh begins his sixth season in 2018. He holds a 41-17 record as the head coach of the Huskies.

The Huskies went 7-4 and 4-3 in the PSAC East in 2017. Nine Huskies were named All-PSAC East including defensive tackle Jake Klinger, who was an All-Region selection by two different organizations and also a Don Hansen first team All-American.

I think they were about .500 this year

Is Bloom expecting a NC run every year? IDK

Bloomsburg (D-II – PA): Head coach Paul Darragh has been relieved of his duties and a national search has been announced for his replacement. Darragh went 51-28 leading the program and prior to taking over the program he spent 16 years on staff as the defensive coordinator.

Friend of mine works in BU’s administration. Mid season I asked him why things seemed “off” with regard to the football team. His reply noted “communication problems” between his staff and the players and he felt Darragh had lost the team

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I heard he wasn’t well liked. Hale set a standard there that may be unreasonable going forward, but I think this may be due to issues other than the record.

Bloomsburg is conducting a national search? How is that even possible?

They will get many many applications and Resumes from all of the country. From some coaches that do not know where it it located but will apply anyways.

Many coordinators from 1aa, 2 and even hC from 2 and 3 will try to throw their hat in the ring.

One of the interesting parts of football in the PSAC is that the assistant coaches are part of the AMSFC union. (I may have my letters incorrect). So a new HC can’t just go in there are clean house they are stuck with the full time assistants for at least a year. The assistants that have over 5 years service have 2 year roll over contracts.

Bloomsburg, under Hale, regularly made the playoffs so the last few years I’m sure have not been favorable with the alumni. So I’m not surprised that a change was made.

Reactions: sluggo72
why? the coaching expertise on this board is unparalleled- according to some on this board

just hire one of the many here who are better coaches than Franklin

why? the coaching expertise on this board is unparalleled- according to some on this board

just hire one of the many here who are better coaches than Franklin
Bloom n PSU don’t pay HFC the same!! No need to take a cut!!! Lol

Not having that auto win named Cheyney on the schedule every season certainly didn't help.

ADVERTISEMENT