ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fantasy Football gurus. What do you use for your drafts?

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
i use to buy the draft buddy from FFToday. Last year I downloaded a app from the Apple Store which was nice.

Some use magazines, what ones are the best?

I just check out some online websites for the draft...but I usually do mediocre so I am not a good person to ask for advice on fantasy football but I do enjoy it. I signed up for a league tonight with some guys in TN.

i use to buy the draft buddy from FFToday. Last year I downloaded a app from the Apple Store which was nice.

Absolutely best site is www.footballguys.com you can subscribe to site for a year or just download their apps instead for less $$. Rotoworld.com online draft guide is awesome too. Don't buy print magazines the info is out of date before the ink dries.

Reactions: Nashville Lion
Rotoworld is great. I've bought their draft package some years and some years not. But the thing is, if you read their free stuff consistently they give enough info that you can get away without buying their draft package. The last few years I've bought their draft package and I decided not to this year because I've gotten so much info just reading their free stuff.

I hate to say it but I agree about the magazines. I loved sports magazines as a kid but their time has passed. Video killed the radio star and also the Internet killed sports magazines.

I get the footballguys daily e-mail. It is very helpful to find out who will get touches, who is injured..... I don't subscribe though.

I typically buy a couple magazines as well. I just buy a few and end up gravitating to whichever one I like best.

But my main preparation is at https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com// . They have the latest trending draft order. If you know your spot in advance (we do), you can join their mock drafts and practice. I'll spend an hour on a Saturday morning practicing. They have them for every format. Last year I knew with good certainty that Andrew Luck would likely be available in the 5th - and he was. I got him there (barely). Was a great pick. Used the first 4 picks to get some really good WR's and RB's.... (still didn't win it though).

I lay it out in pretty good detail. I know pretty much who I want and who I can get for the first 5 picks. After that, best available, look at bye dates.........

We are drafting 9/8. Our commissioner likes to see how everything shakes out before getting into it.

Good luck.

I use fantasyguru.com. Costs $30 per year, but I have won a 12 Team League 4 straight years. Not sure if it is all the site, or some of the morons I have friends.

And my sleeper pick is.................................

Davante Adams http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27581/

Guaranteed. Same thing happened with Jordy Nelson. Came on hot in the playoffs that one year, and the next year I picked him up in the 12th and he broke out. Been a top 30 pick since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT