ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Drunk MackDaddy posted in move in week thread

Mixolydian

Jan 10, 2011
I think it's been awhile since DMD has posted (after being replaced by the more "human" DMD)? Just wanted to point it out so that it doesn't fly under the radar.

To me this is another sign that after almost 4 painful years, things continue to head back toward "normal" around here...;)

He's really a good guy, his real-life initials notwithstanding. I don't necessarily wish him to go back to being DMD, but, really, I hope he can find a good, comfortable medium on this board, hundreds of us are able to do this every day. (Quit, for example, calling people stupid. We're not stupid and we're not in 5th grade.)

I think it's been awhile since DMD has posted (after being replaced by the more "human" DMD)? Just wanted to point it out so that it doesn't fly under the radar.

To me this is another sign that after almost 4 painful years, things continue to head back toward "normal" around here...;)
The more "human" less spiritual, anti-religious, DMD is more preachy than a fire and brimstone evangelist. I liked the less "human" one better. He was fun. Neither one of them was/is a very good pigskin prognosticator though.

He's really a good guy, his real-life initials notwithstanding. I don't necessarily wish him to go back to being DMD, but, really, I hope he can find a good, comfortable medium on this board, hundreds of us are able to do this every day. (Quit, for example, calling people stupid. We're not stupid and we're not in 5th grade.)

Everyone here is FREE to post whatever they want. There are people here much smarter than I in matters of finance, for example. I don't dare cross their path. But, I, too, know a thing or two. And, one of them is that RELIGION MUST END - ALL RELIGIONS! That is, if you TRULY want World Peace. There is no other way.

What? Some people have gotten their feelings hurt? By me? A secular humanist? Posting online, no less? Really? They're more upset at me than say, The (ahem) Holy Catholic Church for their lies and murder through the years? ISIS? People plotting to destroy America? Capitalists worldwide who could care less about world pollution or disease? Maybe those people you are so concerned about can voice their opinions to me, personally.

Unlike you, I know humanities fate is DOOMED unless people worldwide realize we are all in this together. No Deity is coming to our rescue. It is, like Carl Sagan said paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson that it isn't enough to have some rights. But, that the populace MUST be educated.

A little over 200 years ago, some intellectuals listened to the people of the future. And, they did what was necessary in THEIR time to assure the people of today our present. Now, it's our turn to, yet again, listen to people of the future and hear their needs. To ignore them will amount to a catastrophe of epic proportions that those people may never overcome. It could, IMO, be the end of humanity as we know it. Melodramatic? I don't think so. Just look at the 20th Century.

Stop being part of the problem, LionJim, and join me. You won't be the first or the last person to leave your religion where it belongs - in the past. I can think of nothing more valuable to do for future generations.
ImagineIf.png

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I'm ignoring him and all of his screen names, but would be happy to hear that he's reached a level of relative sanity.

Everyone here is FREE to post whatever they want. There are people here much smarter than I in matters of finance, for example. I don't dare cross their path. But, I, too, know a thing or two. And, one of them is that RELIGION MUST END - ALL RELIGIONS! That is, if you TRULY want World Peace. There is no other way.

What? Some people have gotten their feelings hurt? By me? A secular humanist? Posting online, no less? Really? They're more upset at me than say, The (ahem) Holy Catholic Church for their lies and murder through the years? ISIS? People plotting to destroy America? Capitalists worldwide who could care less about world pollution or disease? Maybe those people you are so concerned about can voice their opinions to me, personally.

Unlike you, I know humanities fate is DOOMED unless people worldwide realize we are all in this together. No Deity is coming to our rescue. It is, like Carl Sagan said paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson that it isn't enough to have some rights. But, that the populace MUST be educated.

A little over 200 years ago, some intellectuals listened to the people of the future. And, they did what was necessary in THEIR time to assure the people of today our present. Now, it's our turn to, yet again, listen to people of the future and hear their needs. To ignore them will amount to a catastrophe of epic proportions that those people may never overcome. It could, IMO, be the end of humanity as we know it. Melodramatic? I don't think so. Just look at the 20th Century.

Stop being part of the problem, LionJim, and join me. You won't be the first or the last person to leave your religion where it belongs - in the past. I can think of nothing more valuable to do for future generations.
QUOTE]

Why can't you just let me live my own life? Why do you repeatedly insist on my turning my back on who I am? My religion doesn't make me any better or any worse than your atheism does you, so why do you care so much? How am I part of any problem? I fully accept mainstream science, why do you care if I believe that science is God's plan for the world? Personally, all I do is try to keep my head above water, be a good father and husband, find joy in life. My people have always been people of faith, and it has never let them down. My uncle was a Jesuit priest and he taught me to seek joy in everything the world has to offer. (Interestingly enough, he never used the Bible in our talks, he used literature, he was an English professor at Fairfield University for many years.) My dad was a man of deep, intense faith, he was widowed at 39 and left with five kids under 13 years old, one of them me, deaf, but never once did I ever see him complain. Where would he have been without his faith? Could he have gone on without it? My whole life has been a series of close calls and lucky breaks, and, honestly, without the strength I got from my faith, I wouldn't have have accomplished what I have, that's a fact. I'm not saying that God intervened on my behalf, I'm just saying that I was able to find strength when I needed it most, just like my dad did, may God rest his soul. As for further generations, my daughter was also very close with my uncle, when he died, his sister, a nun, gave her a gold cross that he had given her. She wears it every day and I know it gives her strength. Life is HARD, HARD, HARD, and full of sadness and disappointments. We need all the help we can get.

Last edited:
(Quit, for example, calling people stupid. We're not stupid and we're not in 5th grade.)

Just how does this "fit" into the OP comments? I've obviously gotten under your skin.

Well, here's the thing, LionJim. When I look throughout history, I see occasional "bumps": from the Ancient Greeks to the Magna Carta to The Renaissance to The Constitution of the United States. I think it's time for another "bump". I think Humanities very future depends on it.

As far as I'm concerned, I think State College should and ought to be the Florence of the 21st Century: A new Renaissance. The Pennsylvania State University should become THE center of that new age.

I hear what you said. And, I can empathize. You may not recall. But, I became Catholic when I was 18 through RCIA and contemplated the priesthood. However, LionJim, one persons pain does not give him the right to propagate lies. Else, it never ends. And, it must end. Lies, no matter how good the intentions, are STILL lies. You shouldn't be blaming me. Consider the source, LionJim. I only reveal the lies.

Yes. Life is difficult. And, wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all learned that the only thing that will help in this life is us. The world doesn't need to be the way it is. The world is no longer living in the Dark Ages is it? We changed the world, then, and we can change the world again. All it takes is desire and resolve.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly

ImagineIf.png

ISIS, fine, but please explain how modern Christianity is hurting people? Religion isn't a problem, radical, forceful religion is. Christianity stopped being that long ago, other religions haven't. You're so brave in your fight that you call out and attack nothing but harmless Christians on a football message board. So courageous, congratulations on changing the world.

Only an orangutan handles conflicts in that fashion. If you truly are Penn State educated, then stand your ground and put up a fight. What kind of Ranger are you?

pota4.png

Funny you say this, when all you ever do is spout your nonsense and then run and hide before you have to enter any real debate.

My faith is real, not a lie. It's a real thing. It's made a difference in my life, it's made me happy. It's part of who I am, just as surely as is stardust. I choose to believe that the incredible coincidence that we have this civilization on Earth is part of God's plan, and since you can't prove otherwise, how can you tell me that it's a lie? I accept science as strongly as any humanist does. If this isn't enough for you, tough toenails. And like Cincy said, all you do is rant on a college football message board.

ISIS, fine, but please explain how modern Christianity is hurting people? Religion isn't a problem, radical, forceful religion is. Christianity stopped being that long ago, other religions haven't. You're so brave in your fight that you call out and attack nothing but harmless Christians on a football message board. So courageous, congratulations on changing the world.
Just hold on there one minute pilgrim....I'm an iron packing catholic & I'm not a harmless Christian.:cool:

My faith is real, not a lie. It's a real thing. It's made a difference in my life, it's made me happy. It's part of who I am, just as surely as is stardust. I choose to believe that the incredible coincidence that we have this civilization on Earth is part of God's plan, and since you can't prove otherwise, how can you tell me that it's a lie? I accept science as strongly as any humanist does. If this isn't enough for you, tough toenails. And like Cincy said, all you do is rant on a college football message board.

In time, LionJim. In time. Patience is a virtue. My time is coming.

Take heed to how your Pope is slowly changing things. It's an age old trick. Unfortunately, for him, people can't so easily be fooled. You just can't change as you go, which is what every religion has been doing since humankind created religion.

Now, there are some academic arguments to the following video. Nonetheless, there exists enough evidence to suggest that this synopsis is correct. The future will sort itself out. The answers will be known soon enough.

Remember what I told you about bodybuilding. In the 70s, very few people lifted weights in this country. And, those that did were seen by the general public as weirdos. Then - BOOM - it was like overnight, gyms were everywhere and now, even women in their 80's workout.

One day, soon, you will wake up and my kind will be the majority.

In time, LionJim. In due time.

ImagineIf.png
What you don't seem to realize is that wars are RARELY fought over religion. Wars are fought over land, resources, freedoms, persecution for a miriad of reasons, political ideologies, economic inequalities, etc., etc., etc. And will continue to be fought over all those reasons whether there is or is not any religion.

So you don't know that religion must end for there to be world peace. Not even close. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

So maybe you should stick to finance.

Last edited:

Ask Pope Benedict about change.

In time, LionJim. In time. Patience is a virtue. My time is coming.

Take heed to how your Pope is slowly changing things. It's an age old trick. Unfortunately, for him, people can't so easily be fooled. You just can't change as you go, which is what every religion has been doing since humankind created religion.

Now, there are some academic arguments to the following video. Nonetheless, there exists enough evidence to suggest that this synopsis is correct. The future will sort itself out. The answers will be known soon enough.

Remember what I told you about bodybuilding. In the 70s, very few people lifted weights in this country. And, those that did were seen by the general public as weirdos. Then - BOOM - it was like overnight, gyms were everywhere and now, even women in their 80's workout.

One day, soon, you will wake up and my kind will be the majority.

In time, LionJim. In due time.

Again, you're so brave attacking Christianity from your home here in America. So thankful there are heroes like you out there willing to fight the battles in which others are too afraid to get involved. You are truly changing the world with your courageous battle against the brutal, ruthless scourge that is Christianity on this football message board.

ADVERTISEMENT