ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does anyone have Geico for their homeowner's insurance?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
I have Geico for my auto insurance and thankfully, I've never had any claims. I got a quote from them for my homeowner's insurance and it would give me more coverage than what I have with Erie Insurance at about the same cost. Has anyone used Geico for their homeowner's insurance and how was their claim service?
Thank you in advance.

Believe that GEICO is only an agent for homeowner's insurance, which they place with a number of insurance companies. Not sure if they or the insurer processes claims.

Believe that GEICO is only an agent for homeowner's insurance, which they place with a number of insurance companies. Not sure if they or the insurer processes claims.
Correct Art ! If you go to their website :"Homeowners coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc." I got a quote from Geico a year or so ago. I asked who the carrier was and was given a name I had never heard of before.

I can confirm as I work for Travelers as a property adjuster and we are one of the companies who works with Geico. I can tell you that if Geico writes your policy with Travelers, our property insurance claim handling is very good. I'm not sure who else Geico write policies with though and really couldnt say who will give you the best deal. As for coverage, most all homeowners policies cover/exclude the same stuff. The limits will usually be the biggest differences between companies.

I just switched to geico which actually turned out to be travelers as stated above. I've heard good things. They saved me quite a bit of money with better coverage.

I have Geico for my auto insurance and thankfully, I've never had any claims. I got a quote from them for my homeowner's insurance and it would give me more coverage than what I have with Erie Insurance at about the same cost. Has anyone used Geico for their homeowner's insurance and how was their claim service?
Thank you in advance.

I'm a Geico customer. I received excellent service on my home claim a few years ago. Geico has been my auto insurance for over 45 years with excellent service on claims, so many years ago I switched my home insurance through it. The policy is underwritten by Travellers. Several years ago my house incurred some damage from a violent derecho that came out of the Midwest and moved to the East Coast. Many large branches littered my patio, with a few hitting the roof, where they poked a hole that allowed minor water damage to an interior ceiling. Also, we lost power for at least a day. I almost immediately cleared the debris with my chain saw and hauled it off to the landfill in my truck. I also had my roofer immediately check the roof and do what little repair needed to be done. I filed a digital claim, but an adjuster couldn't visit for several days because of considerable regional damage and my less than emergency situation. When he did arrive he was very thorough and asked me questions about the storm's impact I never thought of. He wrote a check on the spot based on the following:

- Roof repair and gutter damage
- Loss of food stored in frig and freezers
- My labor, haul mileage, and dumping fees for clearing branches
- Ceiling damage repair estimate

I couldn't have been more pleased for the very fair and expeditious service.

I have Geico, and as someone said, they are an agent - for Arrowhead Insurance. I also have Geico for four vehicles, along with homeowners.

I am personally putting all their kids through college.

Hello,
If you are not sure about your insurance claim service you can take help of an expert to review your insurance policy. My friend had the same trouble, he hired an insurance adjuster to analyse his policy and get the maximum amount for his claim. You can have a peek here to know more about this.

Thank you in advance.

I have GEICO bundled car and homeowners. Homeowners is with Liberty Mutual through GEICO. Never had a claim, but from what I saw when I looked last year the car and home package was the best value I could find.

Thank you in advance.
I have them for both home and auto. Great price on coverage compared to others. In addition, I had a bad experience with Erie. I will never deal with them again.

ADVERTISEMENT