OT. Dental charges for deep gum cleaning and scaling. Seem to be very high.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
The majority of dentists don’t accept Medicaid.
I know that and also Medicaid underpays doctors and other Medical professionals. I wouldn't think of actually going by what they pay. However, if you multiply it by something like two times, it is way less than what the dentist is charging. Useful bargaining tool

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
As an assist for others dealing with similar issues, I will relate what my health insurance agent told me. First , he discourages people from getting dental insurance because few dentists accept it and generally it doesn't turn out to be a good financial deal. As one example, he said one of his clients had a painful gum condition and needed a root canal. There was only 1 professional who would accept the patient and the patient would have had to wait 6 months to get the treatment.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Got teeth cleaned , temporary crown AND crown and small filling thrown in as my bro deal discount for $1K...... I like my dentist .

Reactions: dailybuck777

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
About 9 days ago, wrote short note to Dentist explaining that the National Dental Advisory Service was merely a profit making entity selling its list, which apparently has no quality controls. (Dentists can submit their purported rates without leaving their name -- Only have to give their zip code.) Told dentist, I would pay $350 an hour and if that wasn't good enough would pay her full charge if in return she gave me her records. And, with those records, I would find a new dentist. Wanted to show her up that I am not too cheap to pay fair price, but will not accept grossly inflated charges which I think are unprofessional.

Next day or 2, I will stop by and see whether she wants to keep me and my family as patients or whether I will pay the full exorbitant charge this time and move on.

Latest posts