ADVERTISEMENT

Nfm

While at PSU in the 70's I Had shoulder length hair. I'm not there yet, but I'm not far from producing a man bun. I should add that I still have all my hair, It's just a different color. To all my bald friends think about a ponytail accentuated with a bandanna.

Yeah, tried to get in for a haircut in the hours before the IL Governor shut down the state two weeks ago, but the two locations I went to were already closed.

I feel like heading north to Wisconsin for a haircut and a car wash / interior cleaning but haven’t called there yet to see if they are open.

Getting to the point where the basset hound could use a bath (which I could probably give) and a nail trim (which I think would be an uphill battle).

I miss the little things we all took for granted.....

Last edited:
This may be my last chance to grow long hair so I'm going for it! It will probably be misery for at least a month but we're already there so F it.

I cut my own hair.

giphy.gif

I usually go two months between cuts, April 20th will be four months. People are giving me that “did you shower today” look.

Yeah, Chicago’s Mayor Lightfoot is getting loads of grief for getting a haircut yesterday (or the day before) and then posing for a pic standing right beside her hairdresser. Rightfully so!

I cut my own hair, so no problems here.

I’ve been cutting my own and trimming my beard for about 10 years now since my last barber retired. I keep it simple with a buzz cut every ten to fourteen days. Although now that I’m stuck at home, it’s about every seven. My parents bought me a new Wahl for Christmas and it is great. It’s a bit heavy clocking in at just shy of two pounds, but I count it as a light workout.

Bought a Flowbee about 10 days ago, just in time, as the factory is currently following COVID 19 guidelines and is not operating.
I've used it twice. First was a trial run not cutting much off to just get a feel for it. Next day, after watching a couple Youtube demo's I cut it with more confidence and it came out pretty well. I have my settings now and will cut it every two weeks, following one person's idea that 'it looks like it doesn't need cut' and like 'it wasn't just cut.'

Last edited:
Bought a Flowbee about 10 days ago, just in time, as the factory is currently following COVID 19 guidelines and is not operating.
I've used it twice. First was a trial run not cutting much off to just get a feel for it. Next day, after watching a couple Youtube demo's I cut it with more confidence and it came out pretty well. I have my settings now and will cut it every two weeks, following one person's idea that it looks like it doesn't need cut and like it wasn't just cut.
o_O

I ordered a set of clipper guards in preparation for this weeks back. Practiced on my 11 year old son first and butchered his hair. Thankfully the kid hardly ever looks in the mirror! Managed to give myself my first fade haircut on Tuesday and was amazed how it turned out. Although I'm sure the back is probably hatchet job

Reactions: FHSPSU67
As a bit of an aside....I had lost about 32 pounds before everything shut down due to the virus. I am still being careful of what I eat, and trying to walk (which is all I can do since the gym is closed). All that is fine.

However, since it's still cold I wear sweatpants when I walk - but they are too big for me (and I am not a small man, even with the weight loss), so they keep falling down. Which is embarrassing. I thought of wearing shorts over the sweatpants, ala the 1970s, but that makes me look like a creepy dude. So, I have resorted to using binder clips to clip my sweatpants to a pair of shorts I wear underneath. It's....just not comfortable...

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and Bob78
I’ve been going to the same barbering family in So Philly for over 60 years.

A lot of ladies are showing their true hair color right about now.

Reactions: bison13
I generally have a crew cut all year long, and get my hair cut at the barber every 2 to 3 weeks. High protein diet makes hair and nails grow faster. I was due for a haircut when this shelter in place started, and am now going crazy with my long hair. I have a beard trimmer that could cut it all to a short enough length, but I am also doing an experiment where I leave my hair and beard grow as long as it can during this time. I may break down and use the clippers, but I’m trying not to.

Looked like the governor of NC had a fresh cut in his latest photo shoot. And here I am across the street from Floyd's City Barber and can't get a trim.

ADVERTISEMENT