ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats Buc's and thanks from the Mets.

Howie'81

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
West Orange, NJ
Congratulations to the Pirates and their fans for a fine sweep of the Redbirds to start their season. And a thank you for Neil Walker, who's 2 run tater on Tuesday gave the Mets and Noah Syndergaard the win over the Royals.

Congratulations to the Pirates and their fans for a fine sweep of the Redbirds to start their season. And a thank you for Neil Walker, who's 2 run tater on Tuesday gave the Mets and Noah Syndergaard the win over the Royals.
Little early Howie, but hope Neil does well for you all season and it turns out to be a good deal for both teams. Love Mets fans.

Reactions: Howie'81
Howie, We are neighbors and often think alike. I'm in Montclair. We should grab a beer one day at your Egan's or mine.

Little early Howie, but hope Neil does well for you all season and it turns out to be a good deal for both teams. Love Mets fans.
Did you see that Syndergaard was throwing SLIDERS at 93 to 95 mph on Tuesday? That's unheard of! Ned Yost asked George Brett after the game if he could have hit that pitch in his prime. Brett's response? "No way!"

Did you see that Syndergaard was throwing SLIDERS at 93 to 95 mph on Tuesday? That's unheard of! Ned Yost asked George Brett after the game if he could have hit that pitch in his prime. Brett's response? "No way!"
Yes, I was watching. This guy is a force to say the least.

Reactions: Howie'81
Unintended consequences.
medium-smiley-048.gif
Thanks for the congratulations, though.

I wish the Buccos had kept Walker / maybe played him at first base. Maybe Niese will produce and could end up being good for both teams.

I wish the Buccos had kept Walker / maybe played him at first base. Maybe Niese will produce and could end up being good for both teams.

So far it looks like Niese is a stiff and will be the one let go when Taillon or Glasnow come up. The Bucs had no choice with Walker. They couldn't afford to keep him. The Bucs are a low budget outfit.

I told my Mets fan friends that they would love Walker. He seems to deliver in the clutch and overall is a steady, consistent second baseman. Niese had one rough outing. It is way too early to judge the trade. Hopefully it works out well for both teams. Once Kang comes back, Walker's absence will not be felt so much.

Hope Walker has a terrific year for the Mets and balance of his career there in New York. He's a solid player and native/hometown guy that Pirate fans are going to really miss, but ultimately its business and the trade to a franchise that could pay him his market value was inevitable.

Noah Syndergaard is one big, tough stud pitcher for your Mets. Loved the comments of him laughing at the Royals playing 'American Woman' when he trotted on the mound. Best way to back it up is to simply back it up.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT