ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Classic Movie Series line up for summer - 6 great ones!

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
not sure what local PA area theaters run these classic movies, but here in Texas we have Cinemark and AMC showing big screen classics on Sunday and Wednesday. I go with a group of guys on Wednesday afternoon (nice way to beat the heat, and we hit Bone Daddy's for dinner afterwards)

The movies are shown in groups of 6, and the theaters offer a substantial discount if you buy all 6 ($8.50 each, or all 6 for $30) but a lot of times there are 2 or 3 movies I have no interest or time to see so I will just get the tickets individually. This summer's line up is hot though:

Goldfinger
The Terminator
Jaws (40th Anniversary)
SpaceBalls
Double Indemnity
Gremlins

We have something similar in the Columbus, Ohio area. There is a beautiful restored theatre called the Ohio Theatre from the 1920's that shows the classics.

http://www.capa.com/presentations/current-season-presentations/summer-movie-series-2015

not sure what local PA area theaters run these classic movies, but here in Texas we have Cinemark and AMC showing big screen classics on Sunday and Wednesday. I go with a group of guys on Wednesday afternoon (nice way to beat the heat, and we hit Bone Daddy's for dinner afterwards)

The movies are shown in groups of 6, and the theaters offer a substantial discount if you buy all 6 ($8.50 each, or all 6 for $30) but a lot of times there are 2 or 3 movies I have no interest or time to see so I will just get the tickets individually. This summer's line up is hot though:

Goldfinger
The Terminator
Jaws (40th Anniversary)
SpaceBalls
Double Indemnity
Gremlins

Reactions: simons96

Goldfinger
The Terminator
Jaws (40th Anniversary)
SpaceBalls
Double Indemnity
Gremlins
Yes, this is a TCM thing. I can't seem to find a direct link to this on TCM's site, though.

Oddjob was one of my favorite villains!

This weekend at the Ohio Theatre they have Jaws and Wed. is The Manchurian Candidate. All good stuff!

Tom

gawd I have been begging for Manchurian Candidate! love Sinatra in that . . .

this week is Terminator, next week is Jaws.

ADVERTISEMENT