ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Carpool Karaoke Paul McCartney

I only occasional catch a few minutes of James Corden’s shows but I watched all four of his four shows this week from England.....great entertainment.

McCartney was the highlight of the week BY FAR, but Corden’s time with Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber earlier in the week was a lot of fun too.

Thanks so much for that link. That was awesome. The surprise pub concert was too cool.:)

Seemed staged to me. No one pays attention to the cameras or boom
mike or sound guy walking through the bar? How did they sneak McCartney his band and equipment in? Setting up drums makes noise.

It was still good though and I think a lot of the vid was a mix of staged and impromptu. But not sure about the pub show.

Seemed staged to me. No one pays attention to the cameras or boom
mike or sound guy walking through the bar? How did they sneak McCartney his band and equipment in? Setting up drums makes noise.

It was still good though and I think a lot of the vid was a mix of staged and impromptu. But not sure about the pub show.

I just figured the pub goers thought it was part of a normal Cordon show. I'm sure they must have known who he was and what he does. But I still thought it was pretty cool and looked like it would have been a blast to be there.
Also that was a nice looking pub.

I noticed they cleared out the tables to make room for more people as the set continued. So yeah somewhat staged with Paul and his band with the extra guitars used throughout but still overall lots of fun! Maybe the tables were there during a sound check?

There is a really good video on You tube of the history of the Beatles and basically concludes Paul broke the band up, due to the differences between John and him musically. It also discuss how much George was left out with all his talent.

There is a really good video on You tube of the history of the Beatles and basically concludes Paul broke the band up, due to the differences between John and him musically. It also discuss how much George was left out with all his talent.

I've seen that and it is good. I thought maybe they put too much emphasis on Paul when there were so many outside factions from Yoko to Alan Klein and Eastman. It was time for it to end John seemed to be frustrated that it became more Paul's band than his. They both should have paid more attention to George. Its funny but for their solo careers George was by far my favorite and I thought he did the best stuff.

Good observations, and we will never know what John could have become. I really liked his music , politics not so much. Really Admire Paul. just love the group and all they did .

Reactions: aferrelli
This was by far the best Carpool Karaoke yet. When I was younger, I had nothing against the Beatles, but just didn’t “get” them. As I got older and started to listen to them, it became quite clear why they are recognized as the greatest and most influential ever.
There are 2 types of people in the world... those that know the Beatles are the best ever, and those who don’t know yet. But eventually, it’ll hit them.

Finally got around to watching all of this. Very good and Sir Paul is a great sport. My only complaint is w/ the young woman who immediately selected Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da on the jukebox. Of all the songs to choose. Sigh...She is either deaf or enjoys torture.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriarwoodBash
Finally got around to watching all of this. Very good and Sir Paul is a great sport. My only complaint is w/ the young woman who immediately selected Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da on the jukebox. Of all the songs to choose. Sigh...She is either deaf or enjoys torture.

Or it was all staged.

Of course it was staged. Either that or you had to have McCartney and band set up before the pub opened, etc. Still very cool for the select people who got to witness it, but there is a lot of missing pieces in the filming.
I guess you can say that it was staged well if people are contemplating if it was staged or not.

I read that the people in the bar were told a band would be performing but not who it was.

I read that the people in the bar were told a band would be performing but not who it was.

I read that it was a ticketed event and that people applied for a secret performance. When word spread that people had seen McCartney driving around town, more people than lined up outside the pub where the secret performance was scheduled.

Very cool!!! Very cool of Sir Paul to do. In the Beatles theme, saw Zac Brown Band at Hershey Fri night. They did Eleanor Rigby with 3 violins courtesy of Mark O’Connor Band (warm up act). Fantastic version. Two songs later, did With A Little Help From My Frinds. They always pull out some cool covers.

ADVERTISEMENT