ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Car accident

psulion11

Jul 25, 2014
So, last night I was in a car accident while driving with my girlfriend. Very fortunately, both of us walked away without a scratch, after getting t-boned pretty hard. My car took a pretty good hit though and Im still waiting to hear if its going to be repairable or not, I'm guessing its not going to be able to.

I was going through an intersection and after stopping and not seeing anyone else coming I got hit about halfway through the intersection. He did not have a stop sign which I did not know and since I did it looks like my fault. However, the speed limit on the road is very slow and my guess is based on where he hit me the hardest (back door, driver side) and the fact that my car did a total 180 turn, he had to be speeding. I could definitely be wrong, this is just my initial guess.

I spoke to a lawyer already and it looks like since no one was hurt he shouldn't have any involvement and it will be just an insurance thing. Any advice from anyone who may have been in a similar situation if I possibly still need a lawyer if the driver puts it on me, or says he has an injury? Is a scenario like this totally my fault or is the other driver at fault too? What other factors come into play when I have a perfect driving record, never even a speeding ticket or fender bender, and that he is in his third accident this year, I had my seatbelt on, he didn't. All kinds of things.

I have a company car I am allowed to use for personal use for now but not sure what to do about mine moving forward whether its fixable or not. Don't know if I should get a new one even if it is or its it totaled do I now have two car payments to make each month?

Whole situation totally sucks but extremely thankful myself and my girlfriend, as well as the other driver are okay. Just kind of in the dark about this, any advice or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT