TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
so according to this article, the coaching list is down to:

• SMU coach Chad Morris
  • Former LSU coach Les Miles
  • Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele
  • Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker
  • Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables

Fulmer hopes to announce the new head coach today.

Apparently Les Miles doesn't want the job. Jason Candle (Toledo) and Mike Norvell (Memphis) are also mentioned.

I'm hard pressed to see anyone better than Schiano on that list, LOL

what a gaggle of turds that fan base seems to be. they make Pitt fans seem reasonable, LOL.

• SMU coach Chad Morris

Apparently Les Miles doesn't want the job. Jason Candle (Toledo) and Mike Norvell (Memphis) are also mentioned.

what a gaggle of turds that fan base seems to be. they make Pitt fans seem reasonable, LOL.
the 'splash' hire is Venables, dont know if it is him or not.

• SMU coach Chad Morris

What happened to Tee Martin? Thought he was the front runner, but I guess something happened and I missed it?

Nowadays it seems head coaching experience is almost always a requirement to land a high profile P5 head coaching job. Of course there are some exceptions like when PSU under difficult circumstances hired O'Brien but even at that he was a highly regarded NFL coordinator. Another exception is when a school is grooming someone in house like the FSU transition from Bowden to Fisher. Or maybe a school will be happy signing an alum who has no prior HC experience.

Normally a school like Tennessee would have no problem hiring an up and coming head coach from a G5 school or a lower tier P5. The fact no established head coach seems to want the job shows what a train wreck it is in Knoxville.

Nowadays it seems head coaching experience is almost always a requirement to land a high profile P5 head coaching job. Of course there are some exceptions like when PSU under difficult circumstances hired O'Brien but even at that he was a highly regarded NFL coordinator. Another exception is when a school is grooming someone like the FSU transition from Bowden to Fisher. Or maybe a school will be happy signing an alum who has no prior HC experience.

Normally a school like Tennessee would have no problem hiring an up and coming head coach from a G5 school or a lower tier P5. The fact no established head coach seems to want the job shows what a train wreck it is in Knoxville.

I keep reading tweets from delusional Vols fans who say, "well if Schiano was so great, why aren't other schools pursuing him?"

and not understanding that their treatment of Schiano has pretty much killed the chances of any decent coach from wanting to take that Vols head aoching job, lol

Please take this opportunity to smear the unhinged tennessee athletic supporters.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

• SMU coach Chad Morris

Venables would be a good get at this point in time, but they really did f--k this whole thing up with the fake outrage because they thought somehow Chuckie should be coaching them.

• SMU coach Chad Morris

You're so right. I would take Schiano over all of those guys in a heartbeat. Tennessee is beyond nuts.

• SMU coach Chad Morris

Norvell would be a great selection for Tennessee. I think he is the real deal and a future coaching star.

Tenn will end up taking some coordinator from somewhere with zero head coaching experience and will most likely fail.
At this point Schanio would be a great hire. A proven head coach who can turn around bad teams.

Venables is the only guy on that list that would clearly be a bigger get. Like Georgia getting Smart. I'd take Morris & Candle over Schiano but I see a strong case for and against them.

Jim Harbaugh just met with Ole Miss safety Deontay Anderson

why isn't Tennessee's head coach there now?

So guessing Narducci just isn’t accepting all those collect calls from Knoxville?

Maybe he’s still out searching for recruits?

Maybe he’s scared of crowds on Saturdays?

Maybe he doesn’t like the color Orange?

Maybe he’s waiting for the calls from Arkansas or Oregon? Or from MSU when Dantonio retires? (Or even from tOSU when Urban retires?)

the 'splash' hire is Venables, dont know if it is him or not.

Venables has been a a "splash" since he was on Stoops's staff at OU. For some reason he never gets the ring.

FWIW, he's a year or two older than Moorhead.

Another from the Saban tree. Tee Martin, come on. We’re talking Tennessee. How many schools in the Deep South have had HC’s that weren’t Caucasian? I can only think of two. Croom and Franklin. Just saying. Sad. How many are even considered. Some things never change.

Pruitt's a great DC, but as an unproven HC seems like a lesser choice.

but there is #VolTwitter claiming victory, lol

they remind me of a guy who passed up dates with an 8 and a 9, settled on a 5, and brags about how purdy she is. friggin nitwits

Reactions: ChiTownLion
ADVERTISEMENT