ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BWI Wines and Spirits Club - Use this thread to discuss wines/spirits/beer...

There is a channel on YouTube devoted to whiskey. It’s called Whiskey Tribe, based in Austin. I believe that every Friday they upload a new video. You can subscribe and watches hundreds of videos on everything whiskey.

Whisky Tribe

Tonight I gave Blue Coat Elderflower Gin with tonic a go. Served it on the rocks. It definitely needs a minute to breathe. Seems to have a lemony tone to it. $35 for a fifth. I give myself a good grade for adventurism, but a bad money spending grade. I would recommend a pass on this one.

It’s difficult to go big on a gin when you can get Beefeater for around $20. Monkey 47,
Hendrick’s, and Plymouth are worth it IMO.

It’s difficult to go big on a gin when you can get Beefeater for around $20. Monkey 47,
Hendrick’s, and Plymouth are worth it IMO.
I blame it on LSHF. He said he'd give it a go at most any bottle under $50. I was weak, and I had a few extra duckets in my pocket. I had to do a wine run for the wife. I got nothing on the Pappy lottery and a few guys on the board hit it. There was a piss poor bourbon selection as usual at the PA store. I was feeling down, and I needed the rush of a new find. I saw this bottle, and there seemed to be a glowing aura around it, kind of like it was the holy grail. I had to try it. In retrospect, I think the glow was just coming off a blue hair an aisle over.

I blame it on LSHF. He said he'd give it a go at most any bottle under $50. I was weak, and I had a few extra duckets in my pocket. I had to do a wine run for the wife. I got nothing on the Pappy lottery and a few guys on the board hit it. There was a piss poor bourbon selection as usual at the PA store. I was feeling down, and I needed the rush of a new find. I saw this bottle, and there seemed to be a glowing aura around it, kind of like it was the holy grail. I had to try it. In retrospect, I think the glow was just coming off a blue hair an aisle over.
being cheap is a lifestyle. not a random act.

Are you saying this is you at a wine tasting?

tenor.gif

I think this is the episode where he also says “it has an oaky afterbirth.” I tend to say that a lot when tasting now.

So I have a charge from the LCB for $118 on my credit card on 1/15. But no email. I have searched high and low for it. Any clue when they are actually shipping the bourbon. By process
Of elimination, guessing I got the 12 year Pappy.

So I have a charge from the LCB for $118 on my credit card on 1/15. But no email. I have searched high and low for it. Any clue when they are actually shipping the bourbon. By process
Of elimination, guessing I got the 12 year Pappy.
Pick up only IIRC

How do you know when to pick up and from where? Would assume it’s in the email. But I didn’t get one.

How do you know when to pick up and from where? Would assume it’s in the email. But I didn’t get one.
when you register your original log in account, you are supposed to list the store of preference . I guess you will need to visit a store and ask. Check your spam.

You should have an email for it. Another will follow when it shows up T the store
of your choice.
Make sure the store is registered on your account. Email that sent message:
ra-lbpawineandspirits@pa.gov

When you pick up your order at the Fine Wine & Good Spirits locations you designated, please bring valid photo identification and a copy of this email with you. If you have authorized someone else to pick up the order on your behalf, that person must be 21 years of age or older, have valid photo identification, and bring a copy of this order confirmation

Wonder if I typed my email incorrectly. I have the charge on my card but the website says it doesn’t have any accounts for any of my email addresses. What is interesting is that I get the spam messages from the PA LCB at
My Hotmail address. Guess I’ll have to call the LCB tomorrow, which I assume will be a gigantic pain!

Wonder if I typed my email incorrectly. I have the charge on my card but the website says it doesn’t have any accounts for any of my email addresses. What is interesting is that I get the spam messages from the PA LCB at
My Hotmail address. Guess I’ll have to call the LCB tomorrow, which I assume will be a gigantic pain!
Good luck!

did you check spam folder(s)?

MLK Day tomorrow. I think the stores are open but the main office might not be.

Ya I checked spam. I checked deleted too. I have the emails from the fine wine and spirits address, which is the PA LCB. But nothing about the lottery. Forgot Monday was a holiday. Will call Tuesday.

This ought to fit in on this board.....

Ya I checked spam. I checked deleted too. I have the emails from the fine wine and spirits address, which is the PA LCB. But nothing about the lottery. Forgot Monday was a holiday. Will call Tuesday.
Good luck, I would think they could trace the purchase with your credit card.

Not going to sell the 12 year old. If it was the 23 I might be tempted! Will enjoy sharing the bottle with a few friends. They gave me the UPS shipping info, it is supposed to arrive today.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
Not going to sell the 12 year old. If it was the 23 I might be tempted! Will enjoy sharing the bottle with a few friends. They gave me the UPS shipping info, it is supposed to arrive today.
Had to email them to find out when mine would be at the store and it was delivered yesterday. A trip to the liquor store today is in the cards.

Reactions: Zenophile
Picked up a bottle of Gentleman Jack today. Have never tried it before

curious as to what others have to say about it

Picked up a bottle of Gentleman Jack today. Have never tried it before

curious as to what others have to say about it
I had a bottle gifted to me, pretty good, but not great. I'm not a big standard Jack drinker though.

I really like the 10 yr Whistle Pig and also recently finished a bottle of their Farmstock which was great. Cant comment on the 12 year but given their other products, I would definitely like to try it someday.
Tonight had the Whistle Pig 6 in some Manhattans . It was tasty as a mixer . Straight up sipping , not so good .

Got a wrap up email from the Pa Pappy lottery. There were 305,103 submissions for all the bottles. Guess I was lucky I got one! Now onto Mega Millions!!

Picked up a bottle of Weller 12. Isn't there a way to just insert photos from your phone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT