ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boeheim and SU settle with ballboys in sex scandal

Well, let's give Syracuse some credit here.

They announced this at 5 PM on a Thursday. I thought for sure they'd do this at 5 PM on a Friday --- like the Friday before Labor Day.

Never forget: Jim Boeheim is no Joe Paterno.

They're all a bunch of "money-grubbing liars," Boeheim once said.

SEX CRIMES
Ex-ball boys' defamation lawsuit against Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim is settled
Published August 06, 2015

ALBANY, N.Y. – A defamation lawsuit filed by two former Syracuse University ball boys against basketball head coach Jim Boeheim has been settled, the school and lawyers for the men said Thursday.

The terms of the agreement weren't released, but a joint statement from Boeheim and the university said the coach "regrets" saying Bobby Davis and Mike Lang were lying about being sexually abused as children by longtime assistant coach Bernie Fine.

Fine denied the allegations and never faced criminal charges. He was put on leave and later fired by Syracuse.

In a state lawsuit, Davis and Lang claimed Boeheim slandered them in 2011 by calling them liars out for money by exploiting the Penn State sex abuse scandal when they accused Fine of molesting them.

The case had been dismissed but was reinstated in October by the state's top court, which ruled it couldn't "conclude Boeheim's statements were "pure opinion" and that there's "a reasonable view" that Davis and Lang would be entitled to recover damages for defamation.

"Coach Boeheim regrets that he made those statements and that he questioned the integrity of Bobby Davis and Michael Lang," according to Thursday's statement. "Since then, he has publicly committed to focus his charitable efforts on providing assistance to victims of sexual abuse, which he continues to do."

In a statement released by their lawyers, Davis and Lang said they are glad the case has been settled.

"We have always sought above all to ensure that those who suffer the kind of childhood sexual abuse that we did, feel unafraid to report it and to speak about it," they said.

They were represented by Gloria Allred and Mariann Wang.

___

Follow George M. Walsh on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/gmwalshAP
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/0...gainst-syracuse-basketball-coach-jim-boeheim/

Last edited:
After reading the article, I noticed not one freaking comment by the trolls and knuckleheads! So I added one...please add some comments if you can...it is a great opportunity to point out the hypocracy of their story compared to ours! I am the first post...bash ESPN and Jim"i am no Joe Paterno" Boeheim...

Reactions: ChiTownLion
To reiterate what some of you said above, boeheim is no Joe Paterno. Not even close. Regarding boeheim and syracuse, I. AM. OUTRAGED. :eek:

Well, let's give Syracuse some credit here.

They announced this at 5 PM on a Thursday. I thought for sure they'd do this at 5 PM on a Friday --- like the Friday before Labor Day.

Let's review- this was Boeheim's best friend, they lived next door to one another for years, they worked together for how many years, there's a claim (denied by Boeheim so who knows the truth) that Boeheim walked into a room with this assistant coach and a kid, Boeheim called the accusers liars and money grabbers, and Boeheim owned and ran the town of Syracuse. Sound familiar- yet not the same response.

Last edited:
Let's review- this was Boeheim's best friend, they lived next door to one another for years, they worked together for how many years, there's a claim (denied by Boeheim so who knows the truth) that Boeheim walked into a room with this assistant coach and a kid, Boeheim called the accusers liars and money grabbers, and Boeheim owned and ran the town of Syracuse. Sound famiar- yet not the same response.

Certainly shows what ESPN can do if they want you destroyed. Also, Syracuse had real leadership and didn't let the media get out of control. It is essentially the same exact case as Penn State, except syracuse defended itself. Why did they fire Fine if he didn't do it? Where's the outrage that Fine's wife was sleeping with Syracuse players? Buried, because ESPN is filled with cuse grads.

Let's review- this was Boeheim's best friend, they lived next door to one another for years, they worked together for how many years, there's a claim (denied by Boeheim so who knows the truth) that Boeheim walked into a room with this assistant coach and a kid, Boeheim called the accusers liars and money grabbers, and Boeheim owned and ran the town of Syracuse. Sound famiar- yet not the same response.

I've never defended Boeheim --- he's a scum-bag morally no-good liar IMO.

Reactions: john4psu

BUMP THIS UP.

My gdamn local ACC-loving paper the News and Observer buried it this morning -- they chose to run the one paragraph AP summary on the last page of the sports pages near the want ads.

Boeheim should be skewered and publically reviled. Boeheim's relationship to Fine is not analogous to Sandusky and Paterno in any way, shape or form. Fine was a sidekick. Sandusky was disliked by Joe once Jerry started expanding his charity (we now know why that happened). Additionally, this creep has run a sham program for years -- schollies for sale in NYC was the message. He's on probation and now the victims get a settlement and the sports media runs and hides because ESPN headquarters is Syracuse East. Is this really what they teach at Newhouse? I don't think so.

May he rot in hell. May the sport media get with it and get their head out of their a__es.

BUMP THIS UP.

My gdamn local ACC-loving paper the News and Observer buried it this morning -- they chose to run the one paragraph AP summary on the last page of the sports pages near the want ads.

Boeheim should be skewered and publically reviled. Boeheim's relationship to Fine is not analogous to Sandusky and Paterno in any way, shape or form. Fine was a sidekick. Sandusky was disliked by Joe once Jerry started expanding his charity (we now know why that happened). Additionally, this creep has run a sham program for years -- schollies for sale in NYC was the message. He's on probation and now the victims get a settlement and the sports media runs and hides because ESPN headquarters is Syracuse East. Is this really what they teach at Newhouse? I don't think so.

May he rot in hell. May the sport media get with it and get their head out of their a__es.

There is no longer any way that people from Syracuse or people from ESPN can logically defend this case.

This settlement is clearly an admission that the abuse did occur.

And, that it occurred on the Syracuse clock.

And, Syracuse, ESPN and others conspired to cover up the abuse of children under that care and custody of Syracuse University.

As you suggest, it is also an indictment of each and every graduate with a degree in journalism from SU.

This is very different from what happened at PSU, where NONE of the alleged victims were under the care and custody of PSU.

Last edited:
There is no longer any way that people from Syracuse or people from ESPN can logically defend this case. This settlement is clearly an admission that the abuse did occur. And, that it occurred on the Syracuse clock. And, Syracuse, ESPN and others conspired to cover up the abuse of children under that care and custody of Syracuse University. As you suggest, it is also an indictment of each and every graduate with a degree in journalism from SU. This is very different from what happened at PSU, where NONE of the alleged victims were under the care and custody of PSU.
There is no longer any way that people from Syracuse or people from ESPN can logically defend this case. This settlement is clearly an admission that the abuse did occur. And, that it occurred on the Syracuse clock. And, Syracuse, ESPN and others conspired to cover up the abuse of children under that care and custody of Syracuse University. As you suggest, it is also an indictment of each and every graduate with a degree in journalism from SU. This is very different from what happened at PSU, where NONE of the alleged victims were under the care and custody of PSU.

According to crap for brains "DiMaggio" & Jacobs, they were.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT