ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best College FB Movies. LOL.

MV5BNzY4Mjc5MDM3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM1NTMyMQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

something+for+joey.jpg

I thought "The Blind Side" was horrible and total BS. Of all the kids a massive donor to Ole Miss would adopt just happens to be 6-9 and 400 lbs.

I guess a lot of good people do a lot of good things, but with the SEC and some of those school's track records, I am more than a little skeptical.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
I
I thought "The Blind Side" was horrible and total BS. Of all the kids a massive donor to Auburn would adopt just happens to be 6-9 and 400 lbs.

I guess a lot of good people do a lot of good things, but with the SEC and some of those school's track records, I am more than a little skeptical.
Ole Miss, not Auburn, but yeah.

I thought "The Blind Side" was horrible and total BS. Of all the kids a massive donor to Auburn would adopt just happens to be 6-9 and 400 lbs.

Ole Miss actually. Can't say they didn't provide a good family environment to Oher, or that they didn't sincerely care about him, but seems unlikely it was solely out of charity and kindness.

Groucho [on resigning from the Friars Club] I do not care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Mrs. Claypool: I've been sitting right here since seven o'clock.

Otis B. Driftwood: Yes, with your back to me. When I invite a woman to dinner I expect her to look at my face. That's the price she has to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78
i liked Everybody's All American especially Jessica Lange. Roughness is awful. Something for Joey was probably omitted because of JS.

Reactions: NedFromYork
College football has some good ones. Love Everbody's All American. Jim Thorpe AA. Rockne. Thought Rudy could have been done so much better. Guess who's fight song made it past the folks editing Rudy?

Not much of a field, but it has to include "Trouble Along The Way."

The best football movies seem to be High School level:

Friday Night Lights (excellent both movie and TV series)
Remember the Titans (excellent)
Varsity Blues (pretty good)
The Program (decent)
All The Right Moves
When the Game Stand Tall (pretty good)
School Ties
Hometown Legend
Possums
Go Tigers (about Massillon Ohio HS)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT