ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best band name ever "Led Zepplin" someone 2nd that please

Led Zepplin came after the band Iron Butterfly, which is practically the same thing. (Iron Butterfly played at Rec Hall, by the way).

The Peanut Butter Conspiracy was a great band name but lousy music, which included the immortal lyrics "Love is the grooviest thing that there is in the world up 'till now." (from the song "It's a Happening Thing.")

My favorite name: Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels

Lots of great names for bands over the years. Also loved : Mott The Hoople

FiveFingerDeathPunch, Kill Switch Engage

iron butterfly, Uriah Heap

This post was edited on 3/24 11:15 PM by Obliviax

Iron butterfly. Uriah Heap

This post was edited on 3/24 11:14 PM by Obliviax

Mannheim Steamroller.

Think that name doesn't belong here? Well, quite seriously, I have remembered the group moniker just as easily as Led Zeppelin since the very first time I heard it. Now, who is the better band probably depends on your age and music preference at the time you make such a call.

Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs

And their music and live performances were good. will give you Led Zeppelin as best name though.

I see those bands scroll across my Sirius on other channels

in both instances I have said to myself: "that's a pretty cool band-name..."

knowing next to nothing about what they're about...

Bananarama

I can't even post this with a straight face.
chairshot.r191677.gif

one of my guilty-pleasures is Foghat... only a few years ago did I learn

what a "Foghat" is... any floppy, wide-brimmed relaxed-leather hat which effectively keeps smoke wafting around face-level....

though I never really got into that lifestyle - I could appreciate how that was a cool name for a band... it was always there - just never knew

"when I see my Inner city child... I'll be walkin' on a cloud"

The Wiggles..

no, seriously, I think Aerosmith was one of the best bands I've seen live.

I just had a vision of a group of old women on one of the double decker tour buses rolling down South Street and they look up at the marquee of the TLA and see Butthole Surfers on the same bill as Pussy Riot and The Bare Naked Ladies.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Buffalo Springfield, Mott The Hoople ( Fking love Mott the Hoople ) Jefferson Airplane, Big Brother and the Holding Company, that era had a lot of cool names.

Hell, the Beatles is a cool name.

Currently it seems to favor animals, Deer Tick, Grizzly Bear, etc. etc.

ADVERTISEMENT