ADVERTISEMENT

why fly on someone else's airplane?
bigstock_Private_Luxury_Jet.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
These New Airline Seats Will Have You Standing, Not Sitting, on Your Next Flight - Condé Nast Traveler https://apple.news/AAuDeE7roTLuG1eYimpI-lQ

What a wonderful modern age we live in.

Those have been around a long time. Just have not been put into use. "The prototype, which is an improved version of a model that they pitched back in 2010"

If you want to sit, pay extra. Air travel is still extremely inefficient. Standing is a way to improve that.

LdN

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Those have been around a long time. Just have not been put into use. "The prototype, which is an improved version of a model that they pitched back in 2010"

If you want to sit, pay extra. Air travel is still extremely inefficient. Standing is a way to improve that.

LdN
Some of us can not stand more than a short time not unlike the Beaver Stadium standing crowd, some of us can not stand the entire game. That should not disqualify us from being official fans or flying. Now the option is fine, we should all have options, not demands. If efficiency is the main issue there are many, many venues that could be improved including bathrooms, driving cars, etc. I hope I do not live in an age where efficiency "outweighs" opportunity.;)

Some of us can not stand more than a short time not unlike the Beaver Stadium standing crowd, some of us can not stand the entire game. That should not disqualify us from being official fans or flying. Now the option is fine, we should all have options, not demands. If efficiency is the main issue there are many, many venues that could be improved including bathrooms, driving cars, etc. I hope I do not live in an age where efficiency "outweighs" opportunity.;)

Well those are seats... they just aren't traditional seats. You are effectively sitting.

Flying is a choice. For these short hauls you can drive if you can't stand a long period.

Now if it enters long haul... longer than an hour, OK I see your point.

I doubt it will though. Not completely at least. Too many protections in the US.

LdN

Well if people continue to get fatter which they are planes will start falling out of the sky. Loose some weight Fatty McButter Pants

Someone needs to tighten up on their spelling.

Also, The planes are falling! The planes are falling!

Well those are seats... they just aren't traditional seats. You are effectively sitting.

Flying is a choice. For these short hauls you can drive if you can't stand a long period.

Now if it enters long haul... longer than an hour, OK I see your point.

I doubt it will though. Not completely at least. Too many protections in the US.

LdN

I don't fly anywhere that is less than four hours anymore. By the time I get to the airport, go through security and check in, get crammed in, deboard, luggage if necessary, and get out of the airport, it's just quicker and easier to drive to the destination.

I don't fly anywhere that is less than four hours anymore. By the time I get to the airport, go through security and check in, get crammed in, deboard, luggage if necessary, and get out of the airport, it's just quicker and easier to drive to the destination.
My thresholds are 6 hours for business; 8 hours for vacation, primarily for the exact same rationale you use. The vacation calculation is variable if we decide to take an intermediate stop to the end destination.

My thresholds are 6 hours for business; 8 hours for vacation, primarily for the exact same rationale you use. The vacation calculation is variable if we decide to take an intermediate stop to the end destination.
Mine is typically 5 hours (ish). Remember to add in the flexibility of controlling your departure and, to a lesser extent, arrival.

Honestly this might not be the worst thing for tall guys like myself. The way it is now our legs are really cramped; with this basically saddle design at least our legs wouldn't be cramped anymore.

I'd be interested to see where this goes.

ADVERTISEMENT