ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Before shabbat help me: Name a better Zepplin song. See link

Black Dog.....that song just jumped out of the car speakers on the old Man's AM car radio like nothing else as a kid......too young to remember Revolution by Lennon/ George, Ringo and Macca. The Mats "Alex Chilton" would have done same but the music biz had moved on from rock & roll dominating the charts! No doubt Page wrote the best and more great riff songs than anyone!

I can think of only a few other songs that are as beaten-to-death...

Just as I was uttering "what a loser" to myself - you, out of the blue, cite the Replacements and Alex Chilton.

i would have a beer with you :),

Thank you my progressive rock brethren. That said, LZ is still one of my all-time favorites.

Great story, would love to read the sequel. Never got to see them. Had tickets my junior year in high school for the '80 tour and after 9/25 it was never going to happen. My friend's older brother had tickets in '77 for JFK, but that's when Plant's son died of a stomach infection.

This post was edited on 3/28 10:41 AM by Relayer

Re: I'm usually in the "I prefer their older stuff" camp - but for me LZ is the

Plant wrote All Of My Love in memory of his deceased son.

The Girl I love (She Got Long Black Wavy Hair)

LINK

this rare tune is on the BBC sessions, has everything that makes Zep great

Page's crunchy riffs, JPJ pulsating bass, Plant wailing like a dying teenager

and Bonzo just taking the off beat to the next level . . .

Re: The Girl I love (She Got Long Black Wavy Hair)

I love Led Zeppellin like every one else but LZ could not keep up with The Who as a "live" act. No band including LZ had the chemistry of The Who. Both were each others equal as musicians but there were intangibles that made The Who special. Over the years I have spoken to several fans that saw both bands play in their prime in the early 1970's and the consensus is that not even the mighty Zep could touch The Who live. One listen to "The Who, Live at Leeds" and you will understand. Sorry if I high jacked the thread. I just couldnt help myself. LOL !!!

This post was edited on 3/28 11:11 PM by Mudge1026

Re: The Girl I love (She Got Long Black Wavy Hair)

"Won't get fooled again" enough said !! LOL !!

ADVERTISEMENT