ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone watching Barry on HBO?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
It stars Bill Hader as a former marine who works as a hit man, but gets the acting bug after taking a job in LA... it looks interesting, but haven’t watched yet.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
It stars Bill Hader as a former marine who works as a hit man, but gets the acting bug after taking a job in LA... it looks interesting, but haven’t watched yet.

I didn't know it started - I definitely want to check it out. Just need to find the time...

Speaking of which, WestWorld returns tonight!

tumblr_oeghiqbteU1sdrlceo9_500.gif

Yeah, I gave up on West world about half way through the first season... I want to get back into it, but I’m running out of time. Maybe this summer.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I've been watching. Slow start but episodes 3-4 got better IMO, haven't seen last night yet. Going to give it a season before I judge, it's a funny premise.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I first heard about it when Billy red face talked it up on his podcast. He said he hung out with the cast and they sent him the first five episodes. He raved about it before it even aired.

It's OK. To be honest, Bill Hader is probably the least interesting character on the show. I'm enjoying it but for a dark comedy is really isn't funny at all. IDK. Maybe I just don't get dark comedy or this particular flavor of it. It's interesting enough and there are definitely characters you immediately start to hate.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I first heard about it when Billy red face talked it up on his podcast. He said he hung out with the cast and they sent him the first five episodes. He raved about it before it even aired.

It's OK. To be honest, Bill Hader is probably the least interesting character on the show. I'm enjoying it but for a dark comedy is really isn't funny at all. IDK. Maybe I just don't get dark comedy or this particular flavor of it. It's interesting enough and there are definitely characters you immediately start to hate.
Maybe it's not a dark comedy... maybe it's a drama, but just a quirky one.

ADVERTISEMENT