ADVERTISEMENT

OT: anyone see the Papelbon, Harper incident?

Yeah, that was crazy. No idea what Papelbon is yelling at Harper for considering the game meant nothing. And it is not like Papelbon is known to be some great leader and all in type of guy. Almost like he is either off some meds or Papelbon is looking to get fired. Wonder if the Nats get rid of him for cause and refuse to pay out his contract. Have to believe there is a clause in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team.

Papelbon was upset cause Harper didn't run out a pop-up.. WTF? 95% of the league doesn't run out pop-ups. Harper comes off as a cocky douche, but again he can back it up so I have no issue with him being cocky.

Wonder if they kicked Papelbon's butt in the club house? I mean Harper is the star of the team, it would be like a 4th liner going after Crosby on the bench for not back checking.

Papelbon was upset cause Harper didn't run out a pop-up.. WTF? 95% of the league doesn't run out pop-ups. Harper comes off as a cocky douche, but again he can back it up so I have no issue with him being cocky.

Wonder if they kicked Papelbon's butt in the club house? I mean Harper is the star of the team, it would be like a 4th liner going after Crosby on the bench for not back checking.

Who is Crosby?

Yeah, that was crazy. No idea what Papelbon is yelling at Harper for considering the game meant nothing. And it is not like Papelbon is known to be some great leader and all in type of guy. Almost like he is either off some meds or Papelbon is looking to get fired. Wonder if the Nats get rid of him for cause and refuse to pay out his contract. Have to believe there is a clause in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team.
He was getting back at Bryce Harper for criticizing him for hitting someone. Harper made a comment to the effect of now you have made me a target when you hit their best player they are going to hit me. I think he did it publically. Papelbon was getting some payback. He is an idiot.

I expect to see Papelbon released today b
- In modern MLB most players are selective in when they hustle all out to first on a likely batted out. When he first came up, Harper was mildly ridiculed for his unnecessary hustle; he's since learned from his peers to tamp it down in certain situation.
- Although a veteran, Paps has been on the team half a year and thus has not earned the right to criticize his teammates in public.
- I never liked Paps and as a Nats fan hated the acquisition.
- If the Nats release Paps, they are out his 2016 salary. Might be worth it.
- There seems to be resentment, jealousy, or other negative feeling toward Harper from the beginning (e.g., Hamels plunking him when Harper was called up to put him in his place.)
- Inexplicably, Matt Williams put Paps out in the ninth because "He's our closer." Matt Williams has been criticized this season for his managerial style and decisions. This event could have sealed his fate with the team.

Harper DID run out the pop-up. Just clarifying. I was watching the game at that time and caught the play. He didn't run his ass off down the line, but he did run it out.

Harper DID run out the pop-up. Just clarifying. I was watching the game at that time and caught the play. He didn't run his ass off down the line, but he did run it out.
Harper should be, unless they give it to a pitcher, the first player to win an NL MVP without his team making the playoffs since Pujols in 2008. He is head and shoulders above all position players this year.

Harper was upset that Papelbonehead beaned Machado earlier last week, saying that Harper would be on the Orioles target list if there was payback. So Papelbonehead decides to get his dig in yesterday and they went at it in the dugout. Fun fight to witness. But after this incident, the GM of the Nats should be fired for even making that deal at the deadline when he already had a closer and Papelbonehad is a known headcase. Following that, Matt Williams needs to go too for his general lack of managerial ability. I'm still shaking my head at him for pulling Jordan Zimmermann with 2 outs in the 9th vs the Giants in the playoffs last year when he had a 1-hitter going to bring in a closer who promptly surrendered the lead.

Papelbon suspended 4 games without pay. His MLB 3 game suspension begins today and the Nats suspension will follow which will end Papelbons season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT