ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone notice has prices??

14% increase...production has been cut back by the Saudis.....i read an article in our local paper last week. Seems like Putin and the Saudis have cut a deal....add this to the wonderful .28 cents a gallon tax given to us by that moron Corbutt...we will be paying close to $4 a gallon soon...

14% increase...production has been cut back by the Saudis.....i read an article in our local paper last week. Seems like Putin and the Saudis have cut a deal....add this to the wonderful .28 cents a gallon tax given to us by that moron Corbutt...we will be paying close to $4 a gallon soon...
Uh....
Don’t hate the players. Hate the game!

You can thank Corbutt and Act 89 from 2013 for the higher gas tax in Pa than the rest of the country.

Hold on. I am no fan of Corbett either, but something had to be done about our infrastructure. I blame the guys before him that let everything crumble to the point of being dangerous.

Hold on. I am no fan of Corbett either, but something had to be done about our infrastructure. I blame the guys before him that let everything crumble to the point of being dangerous.

Wel,l I would be happy if I would see the results of the tax benefitting the infrastructure. So far I have not.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wel,l I would be happy if I would see the results of the tax benefitting the infrastructure. So far I have not.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where do you live? I've seen tons of bridges replaced in Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster and York counties (where I spend most of my driving time).

Where do you live? I've seen tons of bridges replaced in Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster and York counties (where I spend most of my driving time).

Across the line in Baltimore but I travel to Western PA and State College a lot.
83 (around York) is a mess. (Road conditions and it isn't because of the winter, its been like that for about 3+ years.)

Across the line in Baltimore but I travel to Western PA and State College a lot.
83 (around York) is a mess. (Road conditions and it isn't because of the winter, its been like that for about 3+ years.)

83 is an Interstate, not a state road.

You don't know the meaning of interstate. The state owns and operates interstate highways.

I do know that. What I did was misread Act 89. I thought it said state highways and county / locally owned roads / bridges. It in fact says state "owned". So you are correct, and I was incorrect. Interstates are covered under the Act.

The Fed does provide highway funding to states for Interstate maintenance. Though I think it goes into the big pot and gets used wherever the state decides. Can someone with knowledge of this step in and explain?

It may not happen in my lifetime but I dream of the day when fusion reactors become viable. The Middle East would go back to being a desert wasteland which few people would give a damn about. OPEC could suck it. Putin would no longer be able to threaten Europe with stopping the flow of natural gas. That's all Russia has going for it these days.

Reactions: psu00 and BBrown
US to become #1 producer of oil in 2018/19 :cool:

You can thank Corbutt and Act 89 from 2013 for the higher gas tax in Pa than the rest of the country.
"According to the American Petroleum Institute, 77 cents out of every gallon of gasoline purchased goes to local, state and federal governments."

1. Pennsylvania: $.77

2. California: $.71

3. Washington: $.67

4. Hawaii: $.63

5. New York: $.62

http://www.erienewsnow.com/story/37171370/no-gas-tax-hike-scheduled-in-pa-in-2018

Maybe you should make up your mind. Do you support high taxes or low taxes? Did you want the roads in Pa fixed or did you want Corbett to cut spending? Did you want more school funding or less?

Maybe you should make up your mind. Do you support high taxes or low taxes? Did you want the roads in Pa fixed or did you want Corbett to cut spending? Did you want more school funding or less?

I support progressive taxes as opposed to a massive regressive tax, such as Act 89, that hurts the pocketbook of middle class and low income residents of PA.

I could go on but it would devolve into a conversation that would wind up getting this thread 86'd.

Tesla-logo-2003-640x550.jpg

I support progressive taxes as opposed to a massive regressive tax, such as Act 89, that hurts the pocketbook of middle class and low income residents of PA.

I could go on but it would devolve into a conversation that would wind up getting this thread 86'd.

So you support all the taxes that you avoid? You support infrastructure and education as long as you are not paying it.

Can you tell us what taxes you support that YOU actually pay?

Can you tell us any system that works well with only 1% doing all the work and paying the bills?

Last edited:
US to become #1 producer of oil in 2018/19 :cool:

"According to the American Petroleum Institute, 77 cents out of every gallon of gasoline purchased goes to local, state and federal governments."

1. Pennsylvania: $.77

2. California: $.71

3. Washington: $.67

4. Hawaii: $.63

5. New York: $.62

http://www.erienewsnow.com/story/37171370/no-gas-tax-hike-scheduled-in-pa-in-2018

I don't know who would want to live there.

I've seen this play out probably 4 or 5 times, the American cycle of foolishness. Energy prices drop thanks to some technological advance (offshore drilling in the 80s, fracking in the 2000s), and then everybody in the U.S. takes this as a personal invitation to double the size of their cars (because due to some mysterious parasite in the water, American brains are unable to tell the difference between "bigger" and "better.") So houses go from 1400 square feet to 4000 square feet, and everybody dumps their Corolla-type for Lincoln Navigator type cars. And then in a very short time oil is in short supply again and energy prices skyrocket.

The Europeans aren't idiots in the way Americans are, they're idiots in different ways -- such as the Germans shutting down all their nuclear plants at the behest of so-called "greens" so they can instead burn natural gas supplied by a Russian dictator who spends his days scheming how to bring the downfall of the West (and who probably sends money to the "greens.")

So you support all the taxes that you avoid? You support infrastructure and education as long as you are not paying it.

Can you tell us what taxes you support that YOU actually pay?

Can you tell us any system that works well with only 1% doing all the work and paying the bills?
You asked. I responded. Not getting into this fight here. Take it to the test board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT