ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another Maine Trip & Questions

A drive down Rt. 27 to Boothbay Harbor should be a must. At the Boothbay (not to be confused with Boothbay Harbor at the tip of the peninsula) town square (a military statue is your landmark), is a shack called Bet's that only serves fresh (caught that day) fish 'n chips. The portions are HUGE. Order a half-serving, it is more than enough.
Mainer, curious as to where you are located. I've been going to New Harbor/Pemaquid/Damariscotta area for 50 years. It sounds like you are in the region.

Hah, I've got a long list of requests to bring home. I'm definitely going to visit Maine Beer Co--looks awesome.

On the way home I'm going to have Stonewall Kitchen jams, Holy Donuts, Becky's whoopie pies/cookies, and Speckled Axe coffee.

WRT Maine Beer Co. Keep in mind that that if you hope to buy bottles to take away, they only sell them cold.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
A drive down Rt. 27 to Boothbay Harbor should be a must. At the Boothbay (not to be confused with Boothbay Harbor at the tip of the peninsula) town square (a military statue is your landmark), is a shack called Bet's that only serves fresh (caught that day) fish 'n chips. The portions are HUGE. Order a half-serving, it is more than enough.

We're actually looking at doing a whale watch out of Boothbay Harbor. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can get Stonewall products elsewhere,often cheaper because they don;t like to undercut their retailers on price. But you're right, you won't find the selection.

If you go to Eventide, you might want to drop by Stonewall's company store on Middle Street. It's a short walk.

Indeed--I seem to find only discontinued ones at TJX stores. I love what's there.

The wife likes Belini Jam & something else I can't remember, neither of which have been spotted locally. I'll likely stop at the Portland location too--I noticed it last time while walking to Holy Donut.

What's your favorite coffee shop up there? I've had Coffee by Design (okay) and Speckled Axe (very different & unique). Haven't made it to Bard or any other yet.

In another post you mentioned gelato. We had Gorgeous Gelato last time and thought it was much less than gorgeous (expensive, small portions, and blah taste). Wife wants to try out Bar of Chocolate for dessert this time--that looks pretty cool.

Indeed--I seem to find only discontinued ones at TJX stores. I love what's there.

The wife likes Belini Jam & something else I can't remember, neither of which have been spotted locally. I'll likely stop at the Portland location too--I noticed it last time while walking to Holy Donut.

What's your favorite coffee shop up there? I've had Coffee by Design (okay) and Speckled Axe (very different & unique). Haven't made it to Bard or any other yet.

In another post you mentioned gelato. We had Gorgeous Gelato last time and thought it was much less than gorgeous (expensive, small portions, and blah taste). Wife wants to try out Bar of Chocolate for dessert this time--that looks pretty cool.

Not a big coffee shop fan, so my recommendations in that regard are useless.

Gelato Fiasco, based in Brunswick, has a Portland store across the street from Gorgeous. My wife is the ice cream aficionado in the family. Had Gorgeous once and has crossed the street ever since.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
ADVERTISEMENT