ADVERTISEMENT

..is saying that the now famous “VIX” is being manipulated.

The little guy is so screwed.

'Whistleblower' alleges VIX manipulation, urges regulatory probe - Reuters https://apple.news/AwEVxNYWNRrWXmGfmcdeh5Q
thanks for posting. 2 things
1) Cramer has been beating this for a week or so, that all the volatility came from the invest VIX products blowing up. He may act like a clown, but he does know his stuff.

2) Whistle blowers things take a long time. We had a friend blow the whistle on the Social Security Administration, which was handing out disability benes to the tune of almost a Billion with a B dollars worth of benes going to people that arent disabled. It took them almost 10 years and a lot of hell before anyone really listened, and I am not sure anything changed. Search Eric Conn for the story.

Old news. And a "little guy" trading vols? What can I say?

thanks for posting. 2 things
1) Cramer has been beating this for a week or so, that all the volatility came from the invest VIX products blowing up. He may act like a clown, but he does know his stuff.

2) Whistle blowers things take a long time. We had a friend blow the whistle on the Social Security Administration, which was handing out disability benes to the tune of almost a Billion with a B dollars worth of benes going to people that arent disabled. It took them almost 10 years and a lot of hell before anyone really listened, and I am not sure anything changed. Search Eric Conn for the story.

Cramer was ranting about the very structure of the XIV, not about manipulation of VIX trading. And,of course, he's right. The product is going to blow up when the market gets roiled. Any idiot could tell you that. But, hey, some financial engineers had time on their hands so they created them and their sales forces found nimrods to buy them.

..is saying that the now famous “VIX” is being manipulated.

The little guy is so screwed.

'Whistleblower' alleges VIX manipulation, urges regulatory probe - Reuters https://apple.news/AwEVxNYWNRrWXmGfmcdeh5Q

99.9% of people invested in XIV can not explain what VIX is or what Volatility is.

The little guy should not be short VIX. By definition you're short options and in a large move you can lose all your money.

LdN

Agree but it's a limited loss compared to Commodities where you can lose all your investment and then your house and shirt.

The SS Disability system is broken, but what part of the fed govt. isn't broken? In KY they give out SS Disability like candy. I have a cousin who claimed depression and got it. I saw her last weekend and I don't believe she is depressed meaning not blue but really, chemically imbalanced depressed. She made no mention of it and she ALWAYS speaks her mind incl. everything in it.

The money draining out of SS is abusive and criminal with disability a major component. Very sad when many seniors are barely scraping by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT