ADVERTISEMENT

OT: American Lit class sometime during'74-'75

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Popped into my head today.

"The Sound and the Fury"
"The Sun Also Rises"
"The 42nd Parallel," Dos Passos, really, really exceptional and heartfelt. Unique read.
"Long Day's Journey Into Night."

Also introduced me to the poet Edwin Arlington Robinson, who wrote two permanent poems of mine.

That was a pretty good class. I hope the professor has gone through his life proud of the job he did.

Reactions: royboy

"The Sound and the Fury"
"The Sun Also Rises"
"The 42nd Parallel," Dos Passos, really, really exceptional and heartfelt. Unique read.

Also introduced me to the poet Edwin Arlington Robinson, who wrote two permanent poems of mine.

That was a pretty good class. I hope the professor has gone through his life proud of the job he did.
Is one of the poems Richard Cory?

"The Sound and the Fury"
"The Sun Also Rises"

Have you read Richard Wright? Dreiser?

"The Sound and the Fury"
"The Sun Also Rises"

Insert Rodney dangerfield back to school clip here.

Reactions: LionJim
Yes, thank you. “Native Son” was also on the curriculum. How could I forget?

Dreiser, “An American Tragedy” I read on my own. I admire it but not enough to go beyond.
Dreiser’ Sister Carrie is very good. He’s not the most fluid writer for sure but his work is thematically appealing to me.

Wright’s Black Boy is very good. The Black Lit course I took might have been my favorite. Langston Hughes is very funny. I recommend The Best of Simple.

If you want a challenge and haven’t read it try Ralph Ellison’s The Invisible Man.:)

I love that movie. I hope I don’t give the board the impression that I’m Niles Crane.
Nope, henceforth, you are now equivalent in my mind
DRgExat.gif
lIERg32.gif
K7pcpwY.gif
eaanuiq.gif
tumblr_oxv6vff1OA1vn2yu8o1_250.gif

ADVERTISEMENT