ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Altoona kid one of last two standing in WSOP

Victor E. Bell

Aug 28, 2001
Ridge and Valley Province
Down to head-to-head between Altoona's Dan Ott vs. NJ Scott Blumstein, a Temple grad. Ott is down about 100 million chips, at about a 3/5 disadvantage but is guaranteed $4.7 MM. Winner gets $8-something MM.

Down to head-to-head between Altoona's Dan Ott vs. NJ Scott Blumstein, a Temple grad. Ott is down about 100 million chips, at about a 3/5 disadvantage but is guaranteed $4.7 MM. Winner gets $8-something MM.

Anyone know what the tax hit will be on that?

Reactions: 91Joe95
Tax hit would be about 40%. But he can deduct his gambling losses from his gambling wins.

Tax hit would be about 40%. But he can deduct his gambling losses from his gambling wins.

Ok. Thanks. I saw some conflicting numbers. The 2016 2nd place finisher took @ a 51% hit, yet the 1st place finisher only took a 41% hit. Curious as to the discrepancy and how the %'s are figured.

Ok. Thanks. I saw some conflicting numbers. The 2016 2nd place finisher took @ a 51% hit, yet the 1st place finisher only took a 41% hit. Curious as to the discrepancy and how the %'s are figured.
Probably just factoring in state taxes too. Overall just looking around 3% for PA with top Fed bracket around 40%

Yep. I don't know how short he was at that time but he had to push there and it didn't work out. Props to the Temple guy, he's a tough hombre.

He was way short and his opponent had chips to burn. He lost it much earlier in the
night when he was betting a winner and it was a huge pot but got bluffed out of it after
the river.

Reactions: psualt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT