ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alright kick off to summer holiday weekend for you northerners.... Grilling Time

bwifan

Whatcha got? Throw in how you are preparing it as well.... Steaks? Porterhouse on the grill? Chicken? Marinated? Grilled Sausage or Brats? Another question what do you drink while grilling? I enjoy both beer or a mixed drink... Anyone grilling breakfast? Doing eggs/bacon/sausage in a cast iron pan?

Whatcha got? Throw in how you are preparing it as well.... Steaks? Porterhouse on the grill? Chicken? Marinated? Grilled Sausage or Brats? Another question what do you drink while grilling? I enjoy both beer or a mixed drink... Anyone grilling breakfast? Doing eggs/bacon/sausage in a cast iron pan?
I grill and smoke year round. The snow melts when the grill gets hot enough.

I think its going to be chicken and shrimp marinated in a lime/olive oil/garlic/cilantro mix.
Since some friends are coming over I'm doing San Gria. Simple and pretty tasty.
And some watermelon with Tequila.

Since I have to order parts for my Weber Q, I will be mooching off of others. If it was working, I would have been going with Lamb chops and either a nice ribeye, or Greek Chicken.

Since I have to order parts for my Weber Q, I will be mooching off of others. If it was working, I would have been going with Lamb chops and either a nice ribeye, or Greek Chicken.
I mean, just hit up Amazon, you'll have them tomorrow!

Heading out boating to Raystown Lake for the weekend. Marinated chicken shish kabobs, sausage, shrimp and the usual burgers and dogs. Possible fish fry if I get lucky fishing. Love having a grill on the boat.

I mean, just hit up Amazon, you'll have them tomorrow!
I'm trying to see if I need the igniter, the Q, or the regulator. I'm thinking the later, but not sure. I will price them tonight and also try to diagnose it.

I don't want to spend too much on it, because I want to eventually get a traeger grill. psuro's post got me thinking that I could try my pizza plate (steel) over the fire pit. Something very primal...
vegan-jpg-1534431309.jpg

Reactions: bwifan
I'm trying to see if I need the igniter, the Q, or the regulator. I'm thinking the later, but not sure. I will price them tonight and also try to diagnose it.

I don't want to spend too much on it, because I want to eventually get a traeger grill. psuro's post got me thinking that I could try my pizza plate (steel) over the fire pit. Something very primal...
vegan-jpg-1534431309.jpg
here's the thing though, I have a Traeger and it is great, but it is generally used for long slow cooks. You still need your gas grill for steaks, burgers etc.
I know Traeger says you can do both, but you can use an 16# hammer to drive finish nails as well! There is a better tool for the job though.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
I still think the best is to get some fresh ground meat from the Amish Market (they grind the meat on site so is usually less than 2 hours old when you buy so it tastes a lot different from store bought). Season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder (try it), a touch of Italian Seasoning, and some Grillmate Montreal steak spices. Make it extra thick and grill to in between medium and medium well.

here's the thing though, I have a Traeger and it is great, but it is generally used for long slow cooks. You still need your gas grill for steaks, burgers etc.
I know Traeger says you can do both, but you can use an 16# hammer to drive finish nails as well! There is a better tool for the job though.

Yeah, I never use the Weber Smokey Mountain for normal cooks, even though I suppose I could. When I read through some of my smoker books (Weber Smoke and just recently bought the Meathead recipe book from the guy at amazingribs.com, its awesome), it talks about things that are 20-25 minute smokes. I just can't imagine setting that up for a 20 minute cook. So I use my Weber Spirit (going strong after 9 years with just grates and flavorizer bars replaced) or Weber One Touch for burgers/steak/wings etc. You could say I'm brand loyal.

Reactions: sluggo72
Heading out boating to Raystown Lake for the weekend. Marinated chicken shish kabobs, sausage, shrimp and the usual burgers and dogs. Possible fish fry if I get lucky fishing. Love having a grill on the boat.
We'll stop by for some grub this weekend as well be on the lake as well. Make sure to make extra, LOL.

Tonight burgers, tomorrow attending a party (shrimp, meatballs, bruschetta, goat cheese and fig spread on pita), Sunday will do a leg of lamb, and Monday grilling some salmon.

Filet Tonight
Wings tomorrow
9lb Smoked (10-12hrs) Pork Butt for Sunday
Burgers and Dogs for Monday

Not sure you’re gonna feel like burgers and dogs on Mon after eating 9 lbs of pork butt on Sun.

The funny thing is I will have one pulled pork sandwich and not touch again, but the family will eat it for a couple of days. I have been smoking for 18years and it always has been that way. It’s fantastic pork, and I like it, but have no cravings for it after that first sandwich. Same with brisket, but to a lower degree.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Filet Tonight
Wings tomorrow
9lb Smoked (10-12hrs) Pork Butt for Sunday
Burgers and Dogs for Monday
Wow. That sounds good -- it's plenty of food to wash down.

What is the beverage of choice for the weekend? Go on tap?

It going to be Canadian whiskey. And a lot of it.

Blood pressure already up. Just unwrapped the pork butt from the butcher paper and the freeking e my butcher trimmed all the fat off of it. Loosing my effing mind. Who does that unless your putting it a crockpot or something? Off to Costco.

Doing a 12# brisket Sunday on the Rec Tec along with pork belly burnt ends...

Weber charcoal will have bourbon bbq burgers and Hebrew national hot dogs going all day.

Smoke some corn on the cob on the rec tec after the meat while drinking copious amounts of Cape May’s Always Ready from the keg!

Jump in the pool from time to time to cool off!

Cheers!!!

Reactions: bwifan and royboy
Get a Big Green Egg and you can do both low and slow as well as high and fast...

Reactions: bwifan and PSU87
It going to be Canadian whiskey. And a lot of it.

Blood pressure already up. Just unwrapped the pork butt from the butcher paper and the freeking e my butcher trimmed all the fat off of it. Loosing my effing mind. Who does that unless your putting it a crockpot or something? Off to Costco.
Perhaps laying some fatty thick cut bacon on top of that might cure your ills. But yes, that is total BS from a professional butcher.

That's why I like my offset char broil grill-smoker. It's great for both. It's not as convenient as the set and forget smokers, but it gets the job done. It just means I am forced to drink more beer while babysitting my smoker. I suck it up and take one for the team.

That's why I like my offset char broil grill-smoker. It's great for both. It's not as convenient as the set and forget smokers, but it gets the job done. It just means I am forced to drink more beer while babysitting my smoker. I suck it up and take one for the team.
The real reason I don’t like to cross use my grills/smokers is the build up of the grease in the smoker. Turn that up and you catch it on fire or really just get bad smoke. So if you want clean your cooker after each long cook have at it!! Me I just enjoy the cook!

Vegan daughter in town thru Sunday. Maybe there’s some hope for Monday, but I fear it’ll be in-law time. I guess I can volunteer to host and grill for all and at least seize control of one part of things.

Wow some very delicious sounding meals being prepared. Myself owning a business and working 7 days a week. I get a mystery plate every year. That’s awaiting me in the refrigerator. Whatever my wife and the family cook up. Very jealous and enjoy the extended weekend.

The real reason I don’t like to cross use my grills/smokers is the build up of the grease in the smoker. Turn that up and you catch it on fire or really just get bad smoke. So if you want clean your cooker after each long cook have at it!! Me I just enjoy the cook!
I have had mine for around 4 years and so far I haven't had any issues with grease buildup. But I do clean it several times a year with a wire brush and pressure washer.

ADVERTISEMENT