ADVERTISEMENT

OT: All knowing board. Computer help.

PSU87

Jun 8, 2001
Florida, where the weather suits my clothes
All of a sudden, Firefox won't launch on my laptop. The little donut spins for a few seconds, but nothing happens.

When I bring up the task manager, it lists Firefox as running in the background, not in the active tasks.

I went and restarted the laptop, and installed all the pending Windows updates and no change.

I know I can uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but I'm hoping to avoid that...I'd rather not lose all my passwords, bookmarks, cookies, etc.

Firefox is 58.0.1. Windows is Windows 10 Home, Version 1709.

TIA

I think Microsoft is doing everything it can to sabotage competing software. Call it my conspiracy theory, but I have seen it since I continue to use IE rather than Edge. With every upgrade, IE's performance degrades. Edge sucks. It is worse than IE in many respects, IMO.

You won't lose all your settings if you reinstall firefox. Your settings are stored in a different place than where the program itself is installed

Reactions: N&B4PSU and PSU87
All of a sudden, Firefox won't launch on my laptop. The little donut spins for a few seconds, but nothing happens.

When I bring up the task manager, it lists Firefox as running in the background, not in the active tasks.

I went and restarted the laptop, and installed all the pending Windows updates and no change.

I know I can uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but I'm hoping to avoid that...I'd rather not lose all my passwords, bookmarks, cookies, etc.

Firefox is 58.0.1. Windows is Windows 10 Home, Version 1709.

TIA
I had that same problem earlier this week. Had to uninstall and reinstall Firefox. You won't lose your settings and bookmarks.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and PSU87
ADVERTISEMENT