ADVERTISEMENT

OT Air France is Horrible and is to be avoided

My brother flew from Hawaii to the Canary Islands last week through Paris. So part of his trip involved flying on Air France and he said it was the worst airline he had ever flown on. He has flown all over the world including Bali, the Philippines and Ecuador. The service was generally very bad, and among other things the seats were very small and the food was terrible. (He is a vegan and said what they served him looked like something cheap they grabbed from a convenience store)

In any event, I know people here sometimes take special trips and I hope that my brother's experience may inform others.
We have flown 4 times on Air France. All of our trips were good. Food was good, and wine was superb.

Reactions: Midnighter2
My brother flew from Hawaii to the Canary Islands last week through Paris. So part of his trip involved flying on Air France and he said it was the worst airline he had ever flown on. He has flown all over the world including Bali, the Philippines and Ecuador. The service was generally very bad, and among other things the seats were very small and the food was terrible. (He is a vegan and said what they served him looked like something cheap they grabbed from a convenience store)

In any event, I know people here sometimes take special trips and I hope that my brother's experience may inform others.
I have flown plenty of Air France - mostly inside Europe, but some Transatlantic. I have found the food to be decent (better than US Airlines - like fresh fish and vegetables) and the service to be similar (maybe marginally worse) than US Airlines.

I have flown plenty of Air France - mostly inside Europe, but some Transatlantic. I have found the food to be decent (better than US Airlines - like fresh fish and vegetables) and the service to be similar (maybe marginally worse) than US Airlines.
My brother has been a world traveler (Ecuador, Bali, Philippines & more) and is not that picky. He considered Air France to be the worst. I hope to visit Italy reasonable soon and will avoid Air France. Everyone has their own tastes, which I respect.

My brother has been a world traveler (Ecuador, Bali, Philippines & more) and is not that picky. He considered Air France to be the worst. I hope to visit Italy reasonable soon and will avoid Air France. Everyone has their own tastes, which I respect.
Interesting…if he thinks Air France is bad, I wonder if he has flown any Russian or Indian airlines?…They are inhumane….make Air France treatment seem like royalty.

Interesting…if he thinks Air France is bad, I wonder if he has flown any Russian or Indian airlines?…They are inhumane….make Air France treatment seem like royalty.
Al Italia was worse than Air France too.

Al Italia was worse than Air France too.
He hasn't flown Russian or Indian airlines. I can imagine how terrible they would be. Glad to be forewarned about the Italian airlines if I fly in about a year or two to Italy.

He hasn't flown Russian or Indian airlines. I can imagine how terrible they would be. Glad to be forewarned about the Italian airlines if I fly in about a year or two to Italy.
At the end of the day, all Western airlines are safe. Much safer than any other form of transportation. If it is about a warm soda or lousy food or bad/rude service -those are very minor, very short inconveniences.

Not my experience at all - one of my absolute favorite airlines. We fly business mostly but I’ve flown coach and have always had outstanding hospitality and very good meal selections. They are very generous with the wine and brandy and the inflight entertainment is excellent. Lounges are too notch too - especially at Dulles and CDG.

ANA and Virgin are my favorite (though Virgin’s BC is *ahem* very tight).

I would absolutely avoid United if at all possible though.

Last edited:
Not my experience at all - one of my absolute favorite airlines. We fly business mostly but I’ve flown coach and have always had outstanding hospitality and very good meal selections. They are very generous with the wine and brandy and the inflight entertainment is excellent. Lounges are too notch too - especially at Dulles and CDG.

ANA and Virgin are my favorite (though Virgin’s BC is *ahem* very tight).

I would absolutely avoid United if at all possible though.

Welcome back Midnighter.

The previews for Batman look good. Hearing anything?

No, but I’m excited about it. Had some concerns about Pattinson but I really liked him in The King so expectations are higher than before.

Yeah I shared those concerns... particularly for Bruce Wayne, not so much batman.

Also there is an overall DC preview I saw before Uncharted. Seems like they finally have their $hit together.

LdN

I asked my brother about his return flight on Air France, and he said it was reasonably good. On first flight, the plane was old and rickety, the seats were small and the food was bad. On return, the flight was reasonably comfortable and food was reasonably good. Very strange that there could be such a difference in quality on the same airline.

On a side note, my brother was visiting a gorgeous girlfriend who is 30 years younger than him. The girl told her mother that they were just platonic friends. (hard to believe, but apparently the mother did) The girlfriend's mother hit on my brother. (Not super strong, but definitely checking my brother out) Only in my brother's world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT