ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A lot of great movies this summer, but Equalizer 2 Trailer made me squeal

I thought Denzel was really good in the first one so hopefully this one turns out just as good.

showed a couple clips to my g/f, she said looks like he is basically John Wick

I told her, we need to watch this. He is SOOOOOOO much deeper than John Wick. And Denzel can deliver a line that sends chills down my spine unlike Keanu:

Reactions: N&B4PSU

YES! The Red Viper of Dorne!

tumblr_n39blkfZLo1s9bcqro2_250.gif

Looks pretty bad-ss! Loved the first one.

Never quite understood how he could slow time to think through scenarios before fighting, or exactly where he learned the hand-to-hand combat skills. But extremely entertaining

Reactions: BBrown
Denzel Washington is one of the few actors I'd see in anything. Loved the first Equalizer, look forward to number two, and hope the franchise continues for a long time.

But for me Edward Woodward is Robert McCall and the series was one of the great pieces of TV.

The two aren't really comparable so I treat them that way/. Thankful to be able to see Denzel on screen and treasure my DVDs of the series. Now if only asshole Mike Judge would stop twirling on the stick and allow them to release the complete Beavis and Butthead....

Reactions: Aardvark86
Looks like Denzel has a “special set of skills.” I like Denzel and he’s perfect for this role so I’ll definitely watch it, but this particular plot looks a little too derivative from both of the Taken movies. While watching the trailer I kept waiting for Liam Nelson to make a cameo. A kidnapped daughter...in the Middle East....really? Okay, it’s not Denzel’s daughter but that was the best plot they could come up with for a sequel?

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Outside of Equalizer 2....what other good movies are coming for summer? I reviewed a list and watched some trailers and there is nothing but trash scheduled for this summer.

Solo, A Star Wars Story is set for May. Also along the super hero vein: Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 come out this summer as well as Ant Man and the Wasp. (I am getting super hero movie fatigue at his point.)

Sicario 2. If you haven’t seen the first one watch it. It’s a GREAT movie.

I am looking forward to Solo and Sicario 2 the most but suspect the Incredibles 2 may also be a lot of fun.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Looks like Denzel has a “special set of skills.” I like Denzel and he’s perfect for this role so I’ll definitely watch it, but this particular plot looks a little too derivative from both of the Taken movies. While watching the trailer I kept waiting for Liam Nelson to make a cameo. A kidnapped daughter...in the Middle East....really? Okay, it’s not Denzel’s daughter but that was the best plot they could come up with for a sequel?

I think the plot is Denzel getting revenge for people killing his friend not him rescuing a little girl.
It looks like that was the opening scene not the plot.

Reactions: BBrown
Solo, A Star Wars Story is set for May. Also along the super hero vein: Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 come out this summer as well as Ant Man and the Wasp. (I am getting super hero movie fatigue at his point.)

Sicario 2. If you haven’t seen the first one watch it. It’s a GREAT movie.

I am looking forward to Solo and Sicario 2 the most but suspect the Incredibles 2 may also be a lot of fun.

Same. Cannot wait to see Glover as Lando....

lando-700x467.jpeg

Outside of the big action movies (and Incredibles 2!) I'm looking forward to:

Tully, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, Sorry to Bother You, and Christopher Robin.

I think the plot is Denzel getting revenge for people killing his friend not him rescuing a little girl.
It looks like that was the opening scene not the plot.

Yeah. I think you’re right. Just watched it again. That’s a bit of a relief. When I watched it the first time I think as soon as I saw that he was in Turkey and it involved a little girl being kidnapped I was like...wait, I’ve seen this before.

Same. Cannot wait to see Glover as Lando....

lando-700x467.jpeg

Outside of the big action movies (and Incredibles 2!) I'm looking forward to:

Tully, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, Sorry to Bother You, and Christopher Robin.

Glover will be great as a young Lando. I’m more interested (and a bit worried) about Alden Ehrenreich pulling off a young Han.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Glover will be great as a young Lando. I’m more interested (and a bit worried) about Alden Ehrenreich pulling off a young Han.

Yeah, that's a tough act to follow (Han moreso than Lando IMO, but Glover I'm not as worried about either). Still, trailers look great!

Is this a 'Who Would Win?' action movie star poll?! Admittedly, I've not seen John Wick (don't tell @TenerHallTerror), but when looking at characters from recent movies, I think I'd put my money on Alejandro - that m'fer is ruthless.

rehost2f20162f92f132fb8bdc05f-860b-4a6b-a75f-ffd8bf3b8808.png

Alejandro would win hands down. He has no conscience. John Wick, Bryan Mills, and Robert McCall all have a conscience. A conscience makes one weak. It causes one to pause - should I do this? Alejandro has no conscience, which means he does not hesitate before he acts and therefore has the edge. Alejandro was ready to kill Emily Blunt’s character, who he said reminded him of his murdered daughter. The others are “softies” in comparison. :D

But let’s face it, the coolest by far, and the one responsible for a lot of these old guys with a particular set of skills movies is this guy:

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
in response to a few . . . movies I'm looking forward to this summer:

Bad Samaritan
Ocean's 8
Deadpool 2
Solo
Ant-Man and Wasp
Mission Impossible - Fallout

ADVERTISEMENT