ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 1971 The Year That Music Changed Everything Apple TV Documentary Series

GUEST_d407b343-9dc1-45c6-b1de-c4fad214135b

Just started watching this series, 8 episodes and what a fantastic look back at a year with significant political and musical influences. Growing up as a teenager in this era was awesome. Hope folks can access it.
I liked the part where they talked about Richard Nixon's favorite word Co^^Su^^er!!

Reactions: rudedude
No worries odshowtime, so many great albums from that year. I would add LA Woman, The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys and Aqualung to the list.

Technically Fragile was released in Nov '71 in the UK, but not until Jan '72 in the US.

Agree 100% (sorry Doors) with your additions, and acknowledge my confusion on Fragile, always look at it as a '72 record. I picked up a UK Plum label pressing of Fragile last year and sakes alive! It smokes!!!

Reactions: Relayer
I definitely think '71 was the best year for music, sometimes.

Led Zeppelin IV, Sticky Fingers, Who's Next, Master of Reality, Skullf*ck, Performance Rockin' the Fillmore... all stone-cold classics.
Don't forget Madman across the Water (Elton John), Imagine (Lennon), Tapestry (Carol King), Hunky Dory (Bowie) and Blue (Joni Mitchell).
With my personal favorite being Hunky Dory.

Don't forget Madman across the Water (Elton John), Imagine (Lennon), Tapestry (Carol King), Hunky Dory (Bowie) and Blue (Joni Mitchell).
With my personal favorite being Hunky Dory.

Hunky Dory is really great too. I love the album but it's not a banger like the next two. I'm a Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Abbey Road kinda guy. Carol and Joni also earn respect.

Sticky Fingers is the best of all though to me. Bitch and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' - that's the best music to me. Everything should sound like that.

Hunky Dory is really great too. I love the album but it's not a banger like the next two. I'm a Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Abbey Road kinda guy. Carol and Joni also earn respect.

Sticky Fingers is the best of all though to me. Bitch and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' - that's the best music to me. Everything should sound like that.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a fantastic album. Abbey Road is in a league of its own. The only Beatle album I would rank above it would have been The White Album, if someone would have said "Ok lads, enough fun but there's a reason we leave some of this on the cutting room floor". LOL.
Rubber Soul and Revolver are my 2 favorite Beatle Albums.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a fantastic album. Abbey Road is in a league of its own. The only Beatle album I would rank above it would have been The White Album, if someone would have said "Ok lads, enough fun but there's a reason we leave some of this on the cutting room floor". LOL.
Rubber Soul and Revolver are my 2 favorite Beatle Albums.

Numba noine
Numba noine
Numba noine

Just started watching this series, 8 episodes and what a fantastic look back at a year with significant political and musical influences. Growing up as a teenager in this era was awesome. Hope folks can access it.
On what platform is it available?

1971...sweet memories. My first year at UP after 2 years commuting to McKeesport. Along with 3 buddies got an apartment in Park Forest. Bought my 1st album ever at the record store on S. Pugh..."Low Spark of High Heeled Boys". Two of my roommates had a lot more spending money than I and so we had many of the listed albums. Anthony and Ron have both passed, long before COVID, and this post makes me think a lot about them and our days together in college.

Sticky Fingers is the greatest rock album ever.

ADVERTISEMENT