ADVERTISEMENT

OSU team doc Strauss accused of sexual abuse w 1,000+ Buckeyes | UPDATE: OSU coach knew, did nothing

With multiple scandals going on with the OSU Blackeyes, how are they still playing football?!?!? The last thing the poor victims need to see is OSU ever take the field again. Let all their players transfer and play immediatly!

With multiple scandals going on with the OSU Blackeyes, how are they still playing football?!?!? The last thing the poor victims need to see is OSU ever take the field again. Let all their players transfer and play immediatly!

Tosu needs to shut down the athletic department for a minimum of 10 years. That is the only way for the community to heal and for the university to reflect and reset its priorities.

Well Woody did sort of have an epic melt down in that bowl game against Clemson.
No way, that never happened...
Woody-Hayes-punches-player-and-gets-fired-from-OSU-OTD.gif

Rumor has it that Woody Hayes once ran out of gas in Michigan, because he refused to buy anything in that dam state.

Actually the rumor that I heard was: A man spotted Woody pushing his car BACK to Ohio from where ever it ran out of gas.
The man asked why Woody was pushing his car back to Ohio when there were gas stations in Michigan close to where he was.

He responded: I'm not going to pay any Michigan TAX for gas!

Or so I was told.

Good story either way.

Reactions: creamery freak
Wish I lived in OH and could vote for him.

I'm sure more people wish he would have reported the serial sexual assaulter Strauss when he was told what he was doing to his wrestlers. Maybe you can talk McQueary into running for office so you can be his campaign manager.

Instead of bending rules to get Tosu into the PLAYOFF. o_O , the b1g should expel Tosu from the conference.

Their Trustees are not pushing the story with "an independent investigation" paid 8 million dollars to produce the desired results that will culminate in a media dog and pony show....and then sign a consent decree in an effort to destroy the football program.
There will never be another situation like PSU. No one else is that corrupt.....or evil.

TBH, people are exhausted with this stuff. tOSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota....Boy Scouts of America now has over 95,000 outstanding cases. Think about that, 95,000 cases.

it is hard to believe, honestly. I had no idea that there could possibly be that many pedophiles in the world.

Reactions: nits74 and BBrown
Because there isn't an iconic coach involved that generates "hits" or viewers and I don't think there is an ESPN (Syracuse) hatred of ohio state or MSU like there was/is with Penn State and Joe.
Man bites dog...

How can Tosu consider playing in the conference championship game or the playoff with this going on? They need to shut it down.
Who said anything about needing to play to get a championship? Certainly not the Big10.

TBH, people are exhausted with this stuff. tOSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota....Boy Scouts of America now has over 95,000 outstanding cases. Think about that, 95,000 cases.

it is hard to believe, honestly. I had no idea that there could possibly be that many pedophiles in the world.
I always tell people to question any man (not that it’s exclusive to men, mind you) that chooses to work with children. While it may be only 1 in every 100,000 (made up) that abuse children, it is pretty damn close to 100% of abusers that find themselves in a position of leadership over children.

I always tell people to question any man (not that it’s exclusive to men, mind you) that chooses to work with children. While it may be only 1 in every 100,000 (made up) that abuse children, it is pretty damn close to 100% of abusers that find themselves in a position of leadership over children.
I can't agree with that, honestly. does that include coaches too?

In my mind, it is one of two things: I way underestimated the number of adult creeps in this world or that people are piling on for free money. When I was a kid, we had some weirdos. I used to get my haircut by a guy who would drop his comb in my lap every single time. I had a tailor grab my nutsack during a fitting. I didn't file a lawsuit, become a drug addict, light candles or buy an emotional help animal. But maybe I was just lucky.

I do know, and have recounted several horror stories. There was a guy who grabbed a little gals buttt when she jumped in his arms after scoring a goal. Mom called the police, there was a weeks long investigation, and he was reported about in the local paper but no charges were ever drawn. Another guy had taken a shower and his phone was across the hall from the bathroom and rang. As he walked to get it is towel slipped. His ex wife filed charges to restrict his visitation rights as a result.

My wife used to be in the biz and did reenactments with anatomical dolls. Every male she knew that helped young boys got accused, at one point or another. The real problem is that adolescent males need to be able to talk to someone about their coming of age issues that a woman just won't get (and a girl can't talk to a guy about her issues). And this is where JS struck, unfortunately, because there is a HUGE gap in care and rehabilitation of these young boys.

I guess I just have to reset my expectations. just my opinion though...

Reactions: nits74 and OhioLion
As a 28-year teacher in my 6th year of retirement, I’m not quite sure how to take this. There are several teachers or retired teachers on this board. Are you saying you question why I went into education? Because I (may have) had ill thoughts?
Help me out here CPL.
Thanks.

OL

As a 28-year teacher in my 6th year of retirement, I’m not quite sure how to take this. There are several teachers or retired teachers on this board. Are you saying you question why I went into education? Because I (may have) had ill thoughts?
Help me out here CPL.
Thanks.

OL
Nope, I meant just what I said. Don’t read too much into it.
I also work in the school system. I have no sexual attraction to children, nor have the vast, vast majority of men I have worked with. As I said, it may be 1 in 100,000 that are sexually attracted to children. I don’t know the actual number is, but I am sure it is an extremely low percentage of men who are. But I know that men who are find there way into positions where they are working with children. Teacher, coach, pediatrician, mentor, Boy Scout leader, etc..... That is why I say question it, and I include myself in that group. Don’t just assume your kid’s teacher, coach, etc.... is doing so for altruistic reasons or for professional purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT