ADVERTISEMENT

OSU team doc Strauss accused of sexual abuse w 1,000+ Buckeyes | UPDATE: OSU coach knew, did nothing

Disappointed that none of these victims came forth during the Sandusky Shite Show. It is disappointing that these truths are revealed only after other institutions shell out millions. I know the person may be a victim, but how can you look yourself in the mirror knowing you reported something. 20 years ago and weren’t shouting from the mountaintop ever since. Especially in 2011, you could say “hey the same thing is happening here”, which might have empowered one young lady in ichigan state to say “it is happening here too”. Who knows how many hundreds could have been spared this horrible experience.

Head shaking all around

And don’t think I don’t realize that the true culprits are these flipping pervs. Dude, you are a doctor working around athletic bodies, if you think that you are not professional enough, remove yourself from the situation. Or gee, how about a two year limit that these universities can have a physician on staff, therefore limiting any “systemic “ raping of college people and others young people. Damn

I am having a very hard time believing OSU cannot say with certainty when Strauss worked there.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
“Give me a f’n locker - now!’

Mike%2BMcQueary.jpg

If only he would have acted like that in 01. SMH.

Disappointed that none of these victims came forth during the Sandusky Shite Show. It is disappointing that these truths are revealed only after other institutions shell out millions. I know the person may be a victim, but how can you look yourself in the mirror knowing you reported something. 20 years ago and weren’t shouting from the mountaintop ever since. Especially in 2011, you could say “hey the same thing is happening here”, which might have empowered one young lady in ichigan state to say “it is happening here too”. Who knows how many hundreds could have been spared this horrible experience.

Head shaking all around

And don’t think I don’t realize that the true culprits are these flipping pervs. Dude, you are a doctor working around athletic bodies, if you think that you are not professional enough, remove yourself from the situation. Or gee, how about a two year limit that these universities can have a physician on staff, therefore limiting any “systemic “ raping of college people and others young people. Damn

Mike McQueary says hi.

Their goal is to continue the cover-up of their doctor’s heinous crimes all in the name of Tosu and buckeye football.

Everyone in the Tosu community is an enabler. Disgusting.

I never thought my contempt for the gutter dwelling fan base could get any lower, but they find ways to surprise me

Reactions: OhioLion
Mike McQueary says hi.
True. Unreal how people behave. Maybe it is different as a parent, and having kids and putting yourself in a position where it is happening to your kid. I don’t know what kind of level of catatonic shock these people may be in once they experience this stuff. But to be either a victim or first hand witness? You have all the facts, go be an adult and do the right thing.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
True. Unreal how people behave. Maybe it is different as a parent, and having kids and putting yourself in a position where it is happening to your kid. I don’t know what kind of level of catatonic shock these people may be in once they experience this stuff. But to be either a victim or first hand witness? You have all the facts, go be an adult and do the right thing.

Reportedly he did.

Head shaking all around

This is one of both the most obnoxious and clueless posts I've read. You're upset these victims didn't come forward to help the situation at PSU?? Guys like you are an embarrassment to Penn State.

This is one of both the most obnoxious and clueless posts I've read. You're upset these victims didn't come forward to help the situation at PSU?? Guys like you are an embarrassment to Penn State.

Well, clearly you didn’t read the thread. My original comment was speculating on why people report something happening o them and don’t follow for decades!!! Had they been a little more vocal it could have helped victims at MULTIPLE locations, not just Penn State

And if you go on to read, I suggest that maybe having these physicians set up shop in one place for long durations isn’t such a great idea because it leads to people and institutions looking the other way to not upset their apple cart

So listen Fizzybritches!! Take your trolling and go read the fine print at the bottom of your swimming pool. You, are the true embarrassment to the human race. Meet my Ignore Button, your comments aren’t worth anyone’s time.

He had been dead since 2005, and the abuse ended almost 20 years ago. This isn’t going anywhere.[/

So you are playing the flip side. If it is all done and forgotten, why does this person step forward now?? Still wants money from the OSU?

He did what...the right thing? You mean he called the police when he (supposedly) saw a CHILD being sexually assaulted? Or did he not call the police because he wasn’t sure what he saw that night but had his suspicions?

Thee mm bashing has to stop. He slammed his ****ing locker! What more can a strapping 26 year old be expected to do! He slammed his locker. And walked out. Totally blameless and brave.

Thee mm bashing has to stop. He slammed his ****ing locker! What more can a strapping 26 year old be expected to do! He slammed his locker. And walked out. Totally blameless and brave.

Yet those he told, and who had less information than him (AN ACTUAL EYEWITNESS) had to go to court for their actions (or lack thereof). Meanwhile, Mike is getting millions because the university took away his car. Felli is right - there is no God (not a fair one anyway....o_O).

If these guys want to take this story national, they gotta step their game up and allege anal rape.

Truly, imagine the world today if the GJP simply described Mike's actual account instead of Fina using it as a prosecutorial weapon.

Richard Strauss ran private corporation where he continued acts of sexual misconduct
By Edward Sutelan: sutelan.1@osu.edu June 7, 2018 1 Comment

The investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against former Ohio State University team physician Dr. Richard Strauss has seen the independent investigators at Perkins Coie LLP interview athletes from 14 different sports, as well as other students at Ohio State, University Provost Bruce McPheron said during the Audit & Compliance Committee meeting Thursday.

Richard Strauss, a former wrestling team physician and an assistant professor of medicine, is being investigated by Ohio State on allegations of sexual misconduct. Credit: Lantern file photo

Though most of the investigation is in relation to his time at Ohio State, allegations have come forward about a private practice Strauss ran during the end of and after his tenure at the University.

Once he retired from the university Strauss was not finished with his medical practice. While still at Ohio State, Strauss practiced privately off-site in the city of Columbus, creating a corporation called Richard H. Strauss, M.D., Inc. on Aug. 19, 1996, according to business filing documents from the Ohio secretary of state. He operated this company until the documents show he dissolved it on Aug. 27, 1998.

McPheron said at this corporation, there were additional acts of sexual misconduct alleged to have occurred.

The investigators are still trying to determine if the university had knowledge of the allegations against Strauss, McPheron said.

The investigators also found that Strauss began his employment at Ohio State as an attending physician at University Hospital on Sept. 1, 1978. He became a team physician in athletics on July 1, 1981 and held the post until June 30, 1995, McPheron said. He also was a part-time physician in student health services from July 1, 1994 until August 7, 1996.

Strauss remained on the medical staff until his retirement on Dec. 31, 1994, though he remained a professor emeritus at the university until he retired on July 1, 1998, McPheron added.

In trying to obtain more information about these allegations against Strauss, Perkins Coie has “conducted or scheduled over 130 interviews with individuals who may have information relevant to the investigation,” McPheron said. He said most of the individuals are former student athletes treated or examined by Strauss during his time as a team physician.

Athletes from 14 different sports — wrestling, swimming, cheerleading, volleyball, lacrosse, gymnastics, ice hockey, football, fencing, soccer, baseball, tennis, track and cross county — have been interviewed by investigators, as have non-athletes who were treated by Strauss during his time as a part-time physician in student health services, McPheron said.

According to his medical license obtained from the State Medical Board of Ohio, Strauss was issued his medical license on July 11, 1978 with a listed expiration date of Sept. 30, 1998. There was never any action taken against him by the Board.

McPheron said the investigation has proved challenging because many of the records have either been “archived or even destroyed in the ordinary course of business” and that most of the employees at Ohio State during the time of these allegations are no longer with the university. Given these challenges, he said it is too early to say when the investigation will be over or what will come of it.

The investigation into these allegations began on April 5 when Ohio State announced it had learned from former athletes of the acts.

The University had announced on May 3 the Ohio Attorney General’s Office had appointed Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP to be legal counsel for Ohio State. Porter Wright hired Perkins Coie to conduct the independent investigation.

Ohio State has said anyone with information relating to Strauss or the investigation should contact investigators at osu@perkinscoie.com.

Last edited:
Someone should throw this in elevenwarriors.com's face.

The wisdom Notre Dame has shown to stay independent and not want to join the Big 10. I hate all of the Big 10.

How did the OSU administration not know what was happening? This has to be a coverup.
Bowl ban?
Scholarship reduction?
Public tar and feathering?

These things would surely shake up the BIG. I'm sure this is all in the pipeline, just like MSU. Oh wait...

Reactions: TheGLOV
How did the OSU administration not know what was happening? This has to be a coverup.
Bowl ban?
Scholarship reduction?
Public tar and feathering?

These things would surely shake up the BIG. I'm sure this is all in the pipeline, just like MSU. Oh wait...
maybe the bt can fine them 50 million, and then give back the money they stole from us. amazing that was never returned and no one at ps objected.

eric barren should make a case for Tosu being booted from the b1g.

Additionally, Tosu should be burned down to the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and wensilver
Well - gaining traction on national news.

But you know what pisses me off about this? These guys only came forward because they were emboldened by all those women and young girls that made VERY PUBLIC statements at Larry Nassar's sentencing.

How many Ohio State idiots gleefully ran with all the bullshit about Penn State - while this went on in their community decades earlier?

I've been threatened with rape on social media by some Ohio State fans - which I've reported to Josh Shapiro's spokesman.

So how fair is that? Women have to lead this discussion - and once again, Freeh's bullshit shut down any discussion since 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT