ADVERTISEMENT

OSU QB Coach was @ Drew Allar's game Friday night.

I'm sure the impulse is there to go to the state school and a ton of pressure, but penn state promotes a far better opportunity if he has intrest in actually playing. He could conceivably start for 3 or 4 years at Penn state looking at our qb room.

I'm sure the impulse is there to go to the state school and a ton of pressure, but penn state promotes a far better opportunity if he has intrest in actually playing. He could conceivably start for 3 or 4 years at Penn state looking at our qb room.
This is true. TOSU’s QB room is stacked with kids who will hit the transfer portal if they don’t make QB1. He’d have a realistic chance to crack the top 2 as a true frosh in HV with a good spring and fall camp.

Reactions: PSU65 and tlbakernc
Ewers re-classifying screwed up the timeline.

Best case scenario would have been Stroud starting this year and next. Then Ewers and McCord battling it out after that.

The odd man out being Jack Miller.

Now there's a possibility of 2 QBs transferring after this season.
I think you are correct on the transfers, but I think it will only be one @ this point. Who, I don't know? Would think Miller, but McCord may not want to wait and it could be him. I believe McCord's dad is on the Rutgers staff, so he could end up there if he hits the portal.

By re-classifying, Ewers could go pro in 2024.
So Allar's junior year (with no redshirt) he may be able to play - obviously won't need to wait nearly as long at PSU. Seems like a tough sell coming so late to the party but I suppose anything's possible.

2 things here:

1) How much pressure will Ewers’ sponsors put on his stock rising sooner as opposed to later? Or put another way, will he be able to maintain a 6-7 figure salary riding pine for 3 years?

2) Is it possible that tOSU is pushing simply to preserve their in-state pipeline? I mean, regardless of how stacked their QB room is, don’t they have an obligation to continue pushing for the best in their backyard?

It's pretty simple. They weren't planning on taking a 2022 QB. Ewers re-classifying changed the plans.

They were very close to offering Allar before Ewers decided on OSU.

Reactions: LionJim
This merry go round again. Always drama over potentially losing a QB. Drama every time. We could rattle off all the names back to Kendra and even earlier. 90 percent of the time it is just hype and there are many QBs who could do just fine.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I'm sure the impulse is there to go to the state school and a ton of pressure, but penn state promotes a far better opportunity if he has intrest in actually playing. He could conceivably start for 3 or 4 years at Penn state looking at our quarter back room.
this is all about harming Penn State.
I agree. They have no real reason to add him to the QB room.

Let me see - go to the in-state school and hold a clipboard for 3 years or go to the school one state over and compete for the starting job when he arrives in campus. Hmmmmmmm………..

There's a reason why OSU pushed so hard to try and not have Ewers reclassify. Allar being solid to PSU (for now) put OSU in quite the conundrum for their QB position, as I don't believe there was anyone else highly rated on their radar for 2022. The inevitable transfers that are coming up could put OSU in a bind 2-3 years from now.

Heck folks, pretty soon 4 and 5 star qb's will be everywhere for the having. If Allar starts next year you lose at least Roberson and Possibly CV....which leaves the team with Allar and Pribula and then walk-ons.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Ridiculous. Even the OSU insiders and websites are saying it's a long, long shot at very best. Ewers reclassifying really screwed OSU. They'll have a huge hole between him and their next 4 or 5 star QB - probably 2023, I realize he's considered a "generational" QB but will he be worth it ? He comes across as a prima donna to me. Gonna be entertaining to see how all of this works out for them

Last edited:
Reactions: tlbakernc
That article in the Cleveland.com was a perfect example of the local news helping the bucks recruit and quite a contrast to say the Patriot News helping at every turn to harm our recruiting. We used to have Ronnie Christ write great complementary articles only to be laughed at by Nick Horvath and his sidekick Jones. Those two worked overtime to harm Penn State at every corner.

Heck folks, pretty soon 4 and 5 star qb's will be everywhere for the having. If Allar starts next year you lose at least Roberson and Possibly CV....which leaves the team with Allar and Pribula and then walk-ons.
Yep, with the portal and the new transfer rule, it will be hard for ALL TEAMS to keep more than a couple of quality QBs on the roster

Reactions: Texas Lion
We have anyone that can get Allar what ewers got courtesy of being at osu?
hell guys will go to the buckeyes for the cash they wont give a damn if they ever play!!remember back in the day pitt oklahoma texas they would give out 100 schollies just to keep kids from going to other school I dont think they had any limits back then!!

ADVERTISEMENT