ADVERTISEMENT

OSU is back to full strength

dtrainers

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2009
Washington Post reporting that Wade and Davis have opted back in for this season

I believe that PSU has a great football culture under Coach Franklin, but I do admire how much the OSU program seems to matter to their kids.
Per article, Wade did speak with an agent, claims he never signed, how does that compare with Parsons?

I believe that PSU has a great football culture under Coach Franklin, but I do admire how much the OSU program seems to matter to their kids.
Maybe, but let's be honest. The main reason they're back is to improve their draft status. Both were considered 2nd round picks in last year's draft and many fans thought they were gone The main reason both returned was to improve they're draft ratings with solid years and improve to big-money 1st round status.

Right now, both OSU and Alabama are NFL factories - the only two schools with 50 players or more on NFL rosters - and this attracts top HS talent more than any other factor. Forget the lame excuse about top notch educational institutions being at a disadvantage. We all recruit the same 5 star HS players and will look sideways for many of the top players to get in and stay in school - that includes PSU, UM, ND and osu. Just the way it is.

Maybe, but let's be honest. The main reason they're back is to improve their draft status. Both were considered 2nd round picks in last year's draft and many fans thought they were gone The main reason both returned was to improve they're draft ratings with solid years and improve to big-money 1st round status.

Right now, both OSU and Alabama are NFL factories - the only two schools with 50 players or more on NFL rosters - and this attracts top HS talent more than any other factor. Forget the lame excuse about top notch educational institutions being at a disadvantage. We all recruit the same 5 star HS players and will look sideways for many of the top players to get in and stay in school - that includes PSU, UM, ND and osu. Just the way it is.
I agree, and I respect that a program like OSU basically doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't; it's run like a semi-pro program that makes millions and millions of dollars for its university so that they hopefully can spend at least a little on important scientific research, etc.

I agree, and I respect that a program like OSU basically doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't; it's run like a semi-pro program that makes millions and millions of dollars for its university so that they hopefully can spend at least a little on important scientific research, etc.

Well... don’t think football funds much scientific research at O$U.

Reactions: ralphster
Not just OSU but all major football powers would operate the same way - if they could.

A perfect example is Nick Saban and Alabama. They've been king of the hill for a decade now and if they don't win the NC and national recruiting championship, they almost always in the top 3 but it's always about him cheating with new cars and other benefits. I would imagine he sells Alabama's NFL success 1st and foremost - the education part is 2nd. But ask yourself, how many high 4 and 5 star recruits are in school - first and foremost - for an education - AT ALL SCHOOLS. You think for one moment that many of the 2nd tier CF powers wouldn't follow the Alabama model if they could ? They're only defense is there's cheating going on - especially his rivals in the South. Sorry, at some point, people need to realize that Saban doesn't need to cheat. He has kids lined up to get to the NFL. It all boils down to jealousy

The least shocking development of 2020. I suspect that OSU could convince current NFL Players to come back and get them eligible if they really wanted to try.

Reactions: Option Bob
ADVERTISEMENT