ADVERTISEMENT

OSU -13 to open. UPDATE...now at -18.

The left side number looks realistic.
I just can’t see PSU reaching the 20s.
May be fortunate to hit double figures.
Sure hope I’m wrong.
OSU has Michigan the following week. If they get a safe lead they will pull their starters. We can score on their backups and tighten the score a bit.

Hate to admit this, but if I was actually a gambling man I would take O$U until it hit the low 20s and wouldn’t pick PSU until it hit around 24. I just have a bad feeling about this game. Hope I am wrong!

Hate to admit this, but if I was actually a gambling man I would take O$U until it hit the low 20s and wouldn’t pick PSU until it hit around 24. I just have a bad feeling about this game. Hope I am wrong!
I think it's more than a feeling or hunch.

They did not cover vs Rugrats... But my expectation is similar--with a pile on if they can. Still going though.

They didn’t need to against Rutgers. They don’t recruit against them. They will look to send a message.
It wasn’t too long ago this board was saying we were closing the gap with them and they needed to be concerned. That sentiment sure has changed in 8 days.

They didn’t need to against Rutgers. They don’t recruit against them. They will look to send a message.
It wasn’t too long ago this board was saying we were closing the gap with them and they needed to be concerned. That sentiment sure has changed in 8 days.
Well, I do think we are closing the gap. Just don't think it will show that much this season. We have had what turned out to be a pretty tough road schedule. But I'm hopeful for a good surprise on Saturday.

If I had money on it I wouldn’t back off OSU until it’s -30.

That being said, Penn State has the talent to go toe to toe - the last few years OSU has had the talent advantage and still struggled to win (or lose in 2016) - but I don’t think the coaching can keep up. Rahne will turtle and the defense will spectate. OSU scores 50+, PSU gets 21.

I hope that does not happen but this is not our year to win it all, even if we’re ahead of schedule.

They did not cover vs Rugrats... But my expectation is similar--with a pile on if they can. Still l9going though.
That line was absurdly high. Our line is not. I have watched Penn State for over 50 years and have never been more certain we would lose a game. Still, stuff happens. I hope it happens Saturday.

We lost this game once Fields portalled from Georgia, OSU was desperate, and got what they needed. I'd like to know two things the conversations that got him to Georgia, and the one to OSU.
Eddie Munster and a still vengeful LJ ( not the HC ) will do everything to RUTS.

Reactions: odshowtime
It opened at -17 and was promptly bet up to -18. It will probably go higher still in fact.

Smart money says Bucks all the way at that number. I'm holding out for a miracle -- but would not advise betting on one.

-18 seems pretty high for a first quarter line.

Supposedly unbeatable teams sometimes lose. Ask UNLV 1991 or the unbeaten Patriots playing the Giants.

Seems clear to me that PSU will be the better than any team tOSU has faced so far. Let's play the game.
Agreed. I hope we are 40 point dogs at game time.

We lost this game once Fields portalled from Georgia, OSU was desperate, and got what they needed. I'd like to know two things the conversations that got him to Georgia, and the one to OSU.
Eddie Munster and a still vengeful LJ ( not the HC ) will do everything to RUTS.
Checked some tOSU stats -- Fields has thrown for 31 TDs, with 1 Interception. And has 10 TDs rushing. Yikes.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Rutgers scored 21 on OSU. Is Penn State not superior to Rutgers?

I don't put much stock in comparative scores.
We scored 17 on Pitt. UCF scored 34. Is UCF's offense twice as good as ours? Virginia beat Pitt by 16. We beat them by 7. Is Virginia twice as good as we are?

Fwiw, within that 8 days fan evaluation shifted from PSU's athleticism (which has improved each recent season), to concern about an apparent schematic issue that leaves WR's completely uncovered...

Reactions: tlbakernc
Well, I do think we are closing the gap. Just don't think it will show that much this season. We have had what turned out to be a pretty tough road schedule. But I'm hopeful for a good surprise on Saturday.
I think we have closed the gap but there still is gap and based on 2019 and 2020 recruiting I don’t think it we will have OSU talent anytime soon.

Most appropriate line. The one against the Vulverines will be at least that.
The line seems reasonable. OSU has looked unstoppable while PSU has struggled the last few weeks. FWIW OSU best Indiana 51-10 on the road. All of their wins have been by 24 pts or more.

The line against UM won't be as high. The game is on the road, Michigan appears to be much improved, and OSU will be coming off a tough battle vs PSU.

Scary thought. If Michigan beats Indy & OSU they will finish ahead of OSU in the rankings. Go Indiana!

-13 is way too much in this game. Just look at the last two years. This one goes down to the wire. Upset special: PSU 27, OSU 24. Take it to the bank ! The wolverine has been released in Michigan Football. GO BLUE !

I don't think so but it would be great to see PSU and UM both beat OSU and push them down to 3rd in the conference. One can dream.

Jim and UM are probably the HOTTEST team in CF now. Keep in mind the UM-OSU game will be played in the legendary BIG HOUSE - huge difference from last year. Shea is starting to play to his Heisman capability. 24-33, 384 yards, 4 TDs, 0 Int yesterday !! Good Lord ! The point spread between UM-OSU will probably be around a pick em. GO BLUE !

Using ALL CAPS and bold and multiple exclamation points. Be honest... You're really an 18 year old girl aren't you

That's the new football... Look at LSU--where did they get their QB from??
I don't like the whole transfer thing but LSU's QB wasn't required to sit a year because he had already graduated. Fields case was a joke. A baseball player (who was kicked off the team) made a racial slur? Give me a break. There are no racists in Ohio?

I said it earlier this season and most disagreed with me, but I honestly think this OSU team seems more buttoned-up under Day. Aside from that, their offense is way more vertical this year which is always should have been.

Last edited:
After all the yards and points given up to Pitt...

The thrashing by Michigan...

The close calls and late bloom offense...

'16 PSU over '16 OSU was a huge upset. Program shifting, monumental game.

If '19 PSU were to beat '19 OSU, it would be much more a gamblers folly than anything else.

I think the first half of the Wisconsin game is the best tape available. I'd look at every negative play they have had all year and design straight from it. I'd go 8 in the box on first downs and drop 9 the next.

Much like we say certain teams give us their best shot, I think our staff throws everything at the Buckeyes.

Reactions: 81b&w
Agree but I think PSU would be competitive vs OSU this year if not for Fields. What a joke that He was allowed to transfer without sitting out a year.
Water under the bridge. And neither Fields nor any other opposing talent are the problem for PSU right now. PSU’s on-field execution is the only problem.

Water under the bridge. And neither Fields nor any other opposing talent are the problem for PSU right now. PSU’s on-field execution is the only problem.
No doubt PSU has to take care of it's own issues. That said, I assume Fields is a much greater threat than Martell. Otherwise OSU wouldn't have gone hard after Fields and risk losing Martell.

P.S. Martell and Fields got to play immediately. I think that's B.S.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but from what I’ve seen from our defense the past few weeks we will lose by 21 plus. We’ve blow coverages about 1/2 dozen times a game. That’s the equivalent of spotting OSU 14/17 points. To top it all off of DL isn’t pressuring the QB at all. We are letting opposing QB throw for an unbelievable completion percentage.

Reactions: scrivener and bdgan
ADVERTISEMENT