ADVERTISEMENT

OSU -13 to open. UPDATE...now at -18.

-13 is way too much in this game. Just look at the last two years. This one goes down to the wire. Upset special: PSU 27, OSU 24. Take it to the bank ! The wolverine has been released in Michigan Football. GO BLUE !

Reactions: The Shelter
-13 is way too much in this game. Just look at the last two years. This one goes down to the wire. Upset special: PSU 27, OSU 24. Take it to the bank ! The wolverine has been released in Michigan Football. GO BLUE !

Alright man, the schtick is getting stale. Just give us your thoughts without the persona, okay? :)

Franklin has played Ohio State tough (with the exception of 2015). So there is that bit to hang on to. But I'd expect the -13 line to grow over the course of the week and settle closer to -18.

Most appropriate line. The one against the Vulverines will be at least that.

Bob, your mission is fundraising. The game should have little impact on your Matching Gift Program. Don't sweat it.

Thanks, but being in charge of fundraising at Penn State like being the Maytag repairman. With barren at the helm and all of the great things being accomplished, it’s as though an automatic sucking phenomenon is drawing in the money.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Most appropriate line. The one against the Vulverines will be at least that.
Jim and UM are probably the HOTTEST team in CF now. Keep in mind the UM-OSU game will be played in the legendary BIG HOUSE - huge difference from last year. Shea is starting to play to his Heisman capability. 24-33, 384 yards, 4 TDs, 0 Int yesterday !! Good Lord ! The point spread between UM-OSU will probably be around a pick em. GO BLUE !

at 13 points i would bet OSU big at this point if i were a betting man. OSU goes up early at home and this game gets out of hand. I just don't see the way PSU defense is playing that OSU doesn't score at least 30+ points. And OSU secondary is good enough to play high safety over Hamler and take him out of the game while still haveing the personnel to man up with the rest of the WRs.

They shouldn’t set the line until we know who is coaching Penn State on Saturday. Regardless, if Rhule takes the helm, bet Penn State to cover.

:eek:
Rhule just lost in an epic comeback by Oklahoma Guess he should be fired or atleast his assistants

Rhule just lost in an epic comeback by Oklahoma Guess he should be fired or atleast his assistants

But he’s still better than Franklin. Any number of experts here will tell you all about it.

Wolvie, I know you like having fun, but I’m hoping it’s within 13 at half. My fear is a beat down that has outside people second-guessing Penn State football.
I would not want a rematch with Michigan right now.
Sometimes we have to be realists.

OL

Reactions: nits74
at 13 points i would bet OSU big at this point if i were a betting man. OSU goes up early at home and this game gets out of hand. I just don't see the way PSU defense is playing that OSU doesn't score at least 30+ points. And OSU secondary is good enough to play high safety over Hamler and take him out of the game while still haveing the personnel to man up with the rest of the WRs.

agree. They will try to roll it up on us. I do not see us hanging, especially on the road. Ohio State is just a different beast this year. Fields will pick this D apart. 400 yards and 6 TDS. We should have paid him
Whatever he wanted.

parlay the Bucks and the over. 13 is ridiculous.

Alright man, the schtick is getting stale. Just give us your thoughts without the persona, okay? :)

Franklin has played Ohio State tough (with the exception of 2015). So there is that bit to hang on to. But I'd expect the -13 line to grow over the course of the week and settle closer to -18.

I think PSU can score some points, but it’s going to get ugly on D.

Something like 49-28 is about where I see it and I think OSU is a very good bet here.

Wolvie, I know you like having fun, but I’m hoping it’s within 13 at half. My fear is a beat down that has outside people second-guessing Penn State football.
I would not want a rematch with Michigan right now.
Sometimes we have to be realists.

OL
Agree and had posted this in another thread.

Reactions: OhioLion
Two musts:
1. The Penn State front 7 must get to Justin Fields and bang him up a bit.

2. Get a physical running game going to keep the OSU LB’s home.

The wise guys think if PSU can keep it to a TD or FG at half time, if yes, the game is up for grabs. So a OSU team that’s favored by -13 at home makes sense to people laying down 2 to 5 thousand on the game. If the spread was -19 or higher betters would stay away.

Last edited:
Jim and UM are probably the HOTTEST team in CF now. Keep in mind the UM-OSU game will be played in the legendary BIG HOUSE - huge difference from last year. Shea is starting to play to his Heisman capability. 24-33, 384 yards, 4 TDs, 0 Int yesterday !! Good Lord ! The point spread between UM-OSU will probably be around a pick em. GO BLUE !
Get off the glue Lou. Shay will be running for his life OSU wins easily.

You guys are all going to be wrong. This team has a ton of heart. I see a game for the ages on Saturday. Pry will shock the world and we will get home on our blitzes. Micah is going to have a HUGE game by forcing a couple of fumbles and getting 10+ tackles. Fields throws a couple picks and fumbles in overtime to seal the win for us.
PSU 26 O$U 20 in double OT

On which sites are you seeing 13?

Had to be speculation on someone’s part, not a real line.

Circa has consistently been the first book in the world to put out numbers all season, and they opened at 17 and were immediately bet up to 19. Last I saw had settled in at 18.

Had to be speculation on someone’s part, not a real line.

Circa has consistently been the first book in the world to put out numbers all season, and they opened at 17 and were immediately bet up to 19. Last I saw had settled in at 18.

Ya. My numbers show 14.5 without home field.

Last edited:
It opened at -17 and was promptly bet up to -18. It will probably go higher still in fact.

Smart money says Bucks all the way at that number. I'm holding out for a miracle -- but would not advise betting on one.

It opened at -17 and was promptly bet up to -18. It will probably go higher still in fact.

Smart money says Bucks all the way at that number. I'm holding out for a miracle -- but would not advise betting on one.

I was on Maryland +8 and Sparty +6.5. Hopefully I can have similar misfortune :D.

Regardless, our season win total was as low as 8 at some books (most 8.5). I don’t think anyone expected us to win 10 games.

Reactions: Jerry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT