ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Order Restored: PSU 2022 National Champs!

It took you guys long enough. I kid. Seriously, congrats on the title. I kind of expected this but didn’t want to admit it. Your top guys perform on the big stage and that is the difference. Much respect to them and your coaching staff. Back to the drawing board for my Hawks.

Yeah, that was an embarrassing take by some members of our Fan base last year
For myself, I never went so far as to say 4 National Champions > National Championship. What I DID say was that I thought the PSU fanbase was having a Hell of a lot more fun on that Saturday night than the Iowa fanbase and that we were able to steal some of their thunder even in a year when they won the title. I still believe those 2 comments are accurate today.

Nonetheless, the BEST is winning the title AND having 4 or 5 Champions like we will tonight!

WE ARE!!!

Next yr and a few years out loooks so promising for a run
Can only imagine how special they can be if RBY returns

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Over on Mat.com, someone (I think an Iowa fan, Vak Attack) claimed the following:

"Penn State won the team title 2 hours ago in front of me and about 3k people. It's silly and detrimental to the sport. Dual tournament should decide the team title."

So, I had to chime in:

Well ... Penn State beat Michigan, Iowa, Arizona State, and Nebraska in duals this year: the # 2, 3, 4, and 5 teams at NCAAs.

No need to appeal to appeal to counterfactuals. It's a done deal no matter how you figure it. The race was just for second.

Over on Mat.com, someone (I think an Iowa fan, Vak Attack) claimed the following:

"Penn State won the team title 2 hours ago in front of me and about 3k people. It's silly and detrimental to the sport. Dual tournament should decide the team title."

So, I had to chime in:

Well ... Penn State beat Michigan, Iowa, Arizona State, and Nebraska in duals this year: the # 2, 3, 4, and 5 teams at NCAAs.

No need to appeal to appeal to counterfactuals. It's a done deal no matter how you figure it. The race was just for second.
spot on!!

So, I had to chime in:

Don’t want a team title to be determined by a bum clamming up so as not to be teched. They’d have to drastically revamp dual scoring if duals all of a sudden took on that level of importance

It took you guys long enough. I kid. Seriously, congrats on the title. I kind of expected this but didn’t want to admit it. Your top guys perform on the big stage and that is the difference. Much respect to them and your coaching staff. Back to the drawing board for my Hawks.
Thanks for all the friendly banter and especially the gifs, and thanks for playing along all year,as apparently you knew how this was gonna end 😉

Thanks for all the friendly banter and especially the gifs, and thanks for playing along all year,as apparently you knew how this was gonna end 😉
There should always be friendly banter. It makes the season more fun IMO. At the end of the day none of us decide the outcome. All of these kids pour their heart and soul into this sport and you have to respect them all. Looking forward to some great matches this evening.

There should always be friendly banter. It makes the season more fun IMO. At the end of the day none of us decide the outcome. All of these kids pour their heart and soul into this sport and you have to respect them all. Looking forward to some great matches this evening.
Well said, and maybe when Levi Haines graduates, we will fall back to the pack? See you in 5 years 😉😁

Agree to disagree. Even though they refuse to take any of my instruction, I'm absolutely certain our boys can here me through the wires. But in all seriousness, you're one of the good ones.

Reactions: jmadden1998
What would be surprising besides RBY being back which he's left the door open to? And according to HR, we have so much money he won't be able to stay away!
the list is missing david carr going 157 next year in blue and white

Haines is grey shirting

-- tHR

ADVERTISEMENT