ADVERTISEMENT

Opening game at Indiana will probably be a Friday night BTN

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
Nebraska at Ohio State will probably be the ABC game. BTN likes to put the favored team on the road to try and even things up. We've already been on the road two times to open the B1G season in the past.

Nebraska at Ohio State will probably be the ABC game. BTN likes to put the favored team on the road to try and even things up. We've already been on the road two times to open the B1G season in the past.
Fox said yesterday the osu first game on fox at noon.

Last edited:
Friday Night ASS. BEATING. o_O .

Seeing as though we've scored 63 and 59 the past two Friday nights, I'd be okay with that.

I still can't help but to laugh about Maryland cancelling classes for the day, only to come out and get an ass beating of a lifetime. They couldn't even execute running out of the tunnel without tripping and falling all over each other.

Friday night massacre.

Seeing as though we've scored 63 and 59 the past two Friday nights, I'd be okay with that.

I still can't help but to laugh about Maryland cancelling classes for the day, only to come out and get an ass beating of a lifetime. They couldn't even execute running out of the tunnel without tripping and falling all over each other.

Friday night massacre.

That was fun.

No matter what night, this is going to be a tough opening game for PSU. Penix, jr played very well against us 2 years ago before getting injured. Solid 1-2 punch at Rb and they return their WR’s who ran circles around our db’s last year

No matter what night, this is going to be a tough opening game for PSU. Penix, jr played very well against us 2 years ago before getting injured. Solid 1-2 punch at Rb and they return their WR’s who ran circles around our db’s last year

Penix was 9/19 for 90 passing yards against us in 2018. It was Peyton Ramsey that came in and torched us. He followed that up in '19 by throwing for 370 yards against us.

The fact that Ramsey is gone is very good for us. He's the guy who killed us -- not Penix.

Either way, IU won't be a pushover.

Though it is worth noting that our last two outings against them followed losses. Last year we played IU after the Minnesota loss, and the year before we played them after the inexplicable MSU loss. Franklin teams don't always come out optimally focused after losses, so IU probably played us tougher than they should have.

Friday night would throw a wrench into my plans on hosting an outdoor tailgate and game viewing event on my patio.

Penix was 9/19 for 90 passing yards against us in 2018. It was Peyton Ramsey that came in and torched us. He followed that up in '19 by throwing for 370 yards against us.

The fact that Ramsey is gone is very good for us. He's the guy who killed us -- not Penix.

Either way, IU won't be a pushover.

Though it is worth noting that our last two outings against them followed losses. Last year we played IU after the Minnesota loss, and the year before we played them after the inexplicable MSU loss. Franklin teams don't always come out optimally focused after losses, so IU probably played us tougher than they should have.
Most college football teams come out poorly after a loss. Especially those w high hopes. It is far more common to see a 2nd loss or a bad performance even in a win then the proverbial “they will be motivated to show that last week was a fluke ...”. It isn’t just a PSU thing.

two points:
ohio had our biggest HS game this year, St. Ignatious vs St. Eds in the Browns' stadium (65,000 seats). The state stuck to their "family only" policy so the stadium had 64,500 seats available. Crazy

Second, had to laugh at Joel Klatt....he pointed out that Nebraska (after pissing off the B1G) got both tOSU and PSU as their cross over games and open AT tOSU at the shoe.

Friday night massacre.

I was there, and I was surprised at the total lack of competitiveness in that game.

Second, had to laugh at Joel Klatt....he pointed out that Nebraska (after pissing off the B1G) got both tOSU and PSU as their cross over games and open AT tOSU at the shoe.

Nebraska would have had OSU and PSU if we used the original schedule pre-covid.

As a Blue Ridge cable customer, who still doesn’t have the BTN network, yes this would be 2020 rearimg it’s ugly head again.

Just get YouTubeTV short term and if neeed, a Roku Stick and you'll be set for the season.

Reactions: Eric_M
From what I have read...PSU doesn't have any Friday games. All Saturday.

Well, our wonderful governor says no one is allowed to go to high school games so might as well have a college game to watch.
250 people in the stadium, so there are families there for their kids including band and football kids

also the announcer...in my local school's case that's me so....

Nebraska would have had OSU and PSU if we used the original schedule pre-covid.
Correct. The only schedule question was which crossover road game we would get between Illinois and Nebraska from the original shortened season. Iowa was a lock because they are our current assignment for crossover rival which i think expires after 2021.

Correct. The only schedule question was which crossover road game we would get between Illinois and Nebraska from the original shortened season. Iowa was a lock because they are our current assignment for crossover rival which i think expires after 2021.
Correct about Iowa dropping as permanent crossover after 2021. But what's head scratching is that we ended up trading them for Illinois. OSU still gets Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT