Open Notes

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Ukraine - What the h*ll is going on with President Biden’s answer regarding we would not rescue Americans if they were stuck in the Ukraine? WTF, first you don’t need to send in troops what is the State Department for? All we need to do is send in Bad Ass Vindman Lt Col (Ret). Is Biden and his administration trying to start a war? I know a tank officer who has trained with the Russia army and he said they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. The anti-missiles we have sent to the Ukraine and trained the Ukraine army to use will stop their tanks in their tracks. You think Putin wants to explain to the Russian families their boys died for nothing?

Homeless in McLean - First I am not opposed to homeless people being in McLean. One of the charities that I support is a Catholic Charity that help the homeless (I am not Catholic). Today I had to return a book to the library (Dolly Madison Branch). There were three homeless people in the library. Okay these men need a place and I am fine with them being in there. My question is how is Fairfax county getting these men the support they need? How are local charities getting them the support they need? I was told by a friend (head of Catholic Charities of Maryland) not to give them homeless people money because it keeps them on the street. Again, no problem with them being in McLean I just want a support system.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Ukraine - What the h*ll is going on with President Biden’s answer regarding we would not rescue Americans if they were stuck in the Ukraine? WTF, first you don’t need to send in troops what is the State Department for? All we need to do is send in Bad Ass Vindman Lt Col (Ret). Is Biden and his administration trying to start a war? I know a tank officer who has trained with the Russia army and he said they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. The anti-missiles we have sent to the Ukraine and trained the Ukraine army to use will stop their tanks in their tracks. You think Putin wants to explain to the Russian families their boys died for nothing?

Homeless in McLean - First I am not opposed to homeless people being in McLean. One of the charities that I support is a Catholic Charity that help the homeless (I am not Catholic). Today I had to return a book to the library (Dolly Madison Branch). There were three homeless people in the library. Okay these men need a place and I am fine with them being in there. My question is how is Fairfax county getting these men the support they need? How are local charities getting them the support they need? I was told by a friend (head of Catholic Charities of Maryland) not to give them homeless people money because it keeps them on the street. Again, no problem with them being in McLean I just want a support system.
You don't want too many of them in the streets or to make it too easy for them. Look at San Francisco.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
You don't want too many of them in the streets or to make it too easy for them. Look at San Francisco.
I just want homeless people to be taken care of. I am not judging. I remember my dad would send me the Pittsburgh Papers and when I came in from my sails I would spend days reading them, it was actually a really cool way to relax. Anyway a Pittsburgh reporter went homeless for a week. After one week when his friend went to get him he had a high level of paranoia from lack of sleep and healthy diet. They are fellow citizens.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Open Notes:

Has anyone but me noticed that the 'alternative facting' by those on the left has only grown?

I never figured someone would continue to deny inflation, but yet we have Rumble and 2Lyin.

I figured at some point the left would drop the 'insurrection' lie, but they seem to double and triple down.

My recent favorite though, the idea that truckers are criminals while blm was peaceful. Hilarious.

LdN

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I just want homeless people to be taken care of. I am not judging. I remember my dad would send me the Pittsburgh Papers and when I came in from my sails I would spend days reading them, it was actually a really cool way to relax. Anyway a Pittsburgh reporter went homeless for a week. After one week when his friend went to get him he had a high level of paranoia from lack of sleep and healthy diet. They are fellow citizens.
Yes they are , but many are bad actors . It's s complex problem and when it gets too big we have more problems.
They're not all people that can or want to be helped . We had a guy locally , people tried multiple times to get him off the street but he didn't want that .

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Yes they are , but many are bad actors . It's s complex problem and when it gets too big we have more problems.
They're not all people that can or want to be helped . We had a guy locally , people tried multiple times to get him off the street but he didn't want that .
I hear you. It is the compassion side of all of us that makes seeing them struggle hard.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
A lot of shelters have rules that homeless people don't want to follow. They prefer to live on the streets.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
There is a local guy here too....he has a daughter and wont go there. Unfortunately most( not all) homeless are there because thats where they want to be.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Open Notes:

Has anyone but me noticed that the 'alternative facting' by those on the left has only grown?

I never figured someone would continue to deny inflation, but yet we have Rumble and 2Lyin.

I figured at some point the left would drop the 'insurrection' lie, but they seem to double and triple down.

My recent favorite though, the idea that truckers are criminals while blm was peaceful. Hilarious.

LdN
When all you have is lies, one lies. Honesty is very difficult for them. This I all politics. Look, they actually believe cloth masks work.

Last edited:

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
A lot of shelters have rules that homeless people don't want to follow. They prefer to live on the streets.
Here's the biggest issue. Many of these folks have mental health issues and municipalities are restricted by law to arrest and put them into proper housing or facilities. It's a complete sh&t show. Thank you Dems.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
There is a local guy here too....he has a daughter and wont go there. Unfortunately most( not all) homeless are there because thats where they want to be.
I don’t know the circumstances in one respect as a father I would never let anyone take care of my daughter, yes she went to boarding school but it was seven miles from our home so she could always come home. Maybe he is just trying to be her dad. I don’t know

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Five cops were shot today in Maryland. More guns is what we need, snark intended.

It’s ironic that the same people commenting on this thread with such compassion are stark defenders of “more guns”. Do you see the irony in the juxtaposition?
Hey pal you have no idea what my stance is on guns so stfu. Who shot them j*goff those that purchased guns legally? I could care less if I had to wait for a month for a gun. Any gun in my house is non operational because all the firing pins are removed. But you had to change this from a post about compassion towards the homeless to a gun control issue. You really are a meaningless jack wagon

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Bro, it’s not about you or your personal protection, it’s about keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. As the large animal pedicurist pointed out, many homeless are mentally and need help. That’s what went down in Fredrick this afternoon. He snapped.

It’s also interesting that you are motivated to post concern because you encountered some of the least fortunate of us in one of the wealthiest suburbs in North America.

Sign me up for some of my tax dollars to help take care of these unfortunate fellow citizens to get them the assistance they need to be happy healthy and productive. we all deserve such empathy.
Have you read anything I wrote? No you came after me for living in McLean. I want those that are here to get help and support. I never once said what that support should be. You started about MD police officers getting shot and guns in McLean. WTF at least understand how really stupid you are. This thread had nothing to do with gun volence. It had to do with folks down on their luck. I want these folks to have safety food and health care

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Open Notes:

LdN
Given his already challenged financial situation, 2Lyin is hurting with this pervasive inflation

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Sign your tax dollars up? For what? More waste and nothing getting done? Just look at San Francisco. They have chain link fencing in the homeless right next to the most beautiful building in the city, City Hall. The stench is beyond belief. San Francisco has 1.1 billion to spend on the homeless. Homeless get hundreds of dollars a month. Their policies created this nonsense.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
My revelation is that it’s all connected Homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, gun violence it’s all despare crying out for compassion.

Does that make sense?
You are an a**hole I started this OP with compassion towards homeless. You being the d*ck that where are made this into a gun crime in Fredrick MD. F u dick stay an a**hole and if you ever response do it to the question. A**hole

Reactions: Ski

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I know of people that were homeless, some are solid citizens now. Three I know of had very colorful and criminal pasts with addiction issues. Good people helped them but they worked hard to be better people.
Some are crazy and will never get better. Others have temporary hard times and need a break. Some just don't want to follow rules of a polite society .

Reactions: TFBaum

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Again I hear y’all it still doesn’t stop making me wanting to help
Agree, the question is how. The answer isn't easy.
I know of people that were homeless, some are solid citizens now. Three I know of had very colorful and criminal pasts with addiction issues. Good people helped them but they worked hard to be better people.
Some are crazy and will never get better. Others have temporary hard times and need a break. Some just don't want to follow rules of a polite society .
I agree with all of that but I'll add this. I'm sure there are exceptions in some cities but for the most part anybody who needs food and shelter can get it for free. There is no reason to freeze or starve. The accommodations might not be great or private and there are usually rules that must be followed.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Agree, the question is how. The answer isn't easy.

I agree with all of that but I'll add this. I'm sure there are exceptions in some cities but for the most part anybody who needs food and shelter can get it for free. There is no reason to freeze or starve. The accommodations might not be great or private and there are usually rules that must be followed.
All true I'd guess.

Steve G

May 29, 2001
Given his already challenged financial situation, 2Lyin is hurting with this pervasive inflation
Hey stalker why don't you tell us how you know what 2lion70 financial situation is? How you stalk him and others and dox out information on here?