ADVERTISEMENT

Open Letter to Judge Boccabella requesting no jail for Spanier from Sue Paterno, Snedden, Lubrano, Schmidt, Schultz, Lord and McCombie

Judge Boccabella was asked to come out of retirement to hear the cases of Curley, Schultz and Spanier. I thought it inappropriate and odd that he volunteered comments to the press that were outside the scope of those trials, for example his opinion of what Paterno could have and should have done.
Shamelessly borrowing lyrics from the song “The night the lights went out in Georgia”, the handling of these cases and Boccabella’s “call out of the retirement bullpen” always has reminded me of.....

The judge said "guilty" on a make-believe trial
Slapped the Attorney General on the back with a smile
Said, "Supper's waiting at home and I got to get to it"

Shamelessly borrowing lyrics from the song “The night the lights went out in Georgia”, the handling of these cases and Boccabella’s “call out of the retirement bullpen” always has reminded me of.....

The judge said "guilty" on a make-believe trial
Slapped the Attorney General on the back with a smile
Said, "Supper's waiting at home and I got to get to it"
Sounds like something our friend Frank Sheeran would have posted. 😉 Everyone that actually follows along in PA knows that senior judges are brought in to be fixers. It's pathetic.

Due to the emotions of this entire Sandusky matter there was never a chance that anyone accused would receive a fair process or justice. Anyone who thinks judges are not influenced by politics and public opinion is beyond naive. I know/knew one of the jurists who was very involved in this case. He was a good and decent man who ultimately acquiesced to the politics of the hysteria surrounding the allegations.
This began at the grand jury level when Baldwin tainted and undermined the defense of Curley and Shultz. The only reason JVP was not indicted is he was smart enough to hire his own lawyer.
In my very humble opinion Spanier, Curley and Shultz each made the fatal mistake of not testifying. I understand Tim and Gary never went to trial, and I understand Sandusky would have been savaged had he testified, but Spanier was more than capable of articulating his defense and the moment he decided not to, his fate was sealed. These men were charged with such egregious conduct that they were not going to be acquitted without standing up and saying what they did and why. It is sad that it ends this way for Spanier. Hopefully he will be released early.
Spanier should have been involved in a peaceful riot, get arrested for arson or assault, and have charges dropped

I have always thought that the real villain in this entire affair, other than Sandusky, was Baldwin. An incompetent political hack. At the least, she should have advised the admins to hire good criminal defense lawyers but she didn't have the brains or decency to do that.

I can't remember where I heard this but when things go wrong, "... somebody pays...". The system (Child Services), the board members (PSU & 2nd Mile), the politicians weren't going to pay. That left the admins and Joe.

Oh, and f!@# you, too McQueary.
BLM. Baldwin's Lies Mattered

...your mama don't dance and your daddy don't rock and roll....
ha!

my only point is that a motion ripping the judge a new one when it is the very same judge that will rule on the motion tells me that the motive was not to get a favorable ruling but to make a statement. Maybe they feel better about themselves now?

ha!

my only point is that a motion ripping the judge a new one when it is the very same judge that will rule on the motion tells me that the motive was not to get a favorable ruling but to make a statement. Maybe they feel better about themselves now?
Who knows. But, it wasn't just one person who felt that way, or at least felt strongly enough to sign their name to it.

This whole thing has been a bizarre incident and if I had not lived to see it unfold in front of me I probably would not believe it.

All I know is that IMO, JVP got railroaded and could not defend himself, and his death was the greatest stroke of luck for those who opposed him. And Sue Paterno is much better person than I would have been in this entire situation.

Who knows. But, it wasn't just one person who felt that way, or at least felt strongly enough to sign their name to it.

This whole thing has been a bizarre incident and if I had not lived to see it unfold in front of me I probably would not believe it.

All I know is that IMO, JVP got railroaded and could not defend himself, and his death was the greatest stroke of luck for those who opposed him. And Sue Paterno is much better person than I would have been in this entire situation.
+1000

Reactions: psuro

Yep....I've always believed justice was directionally good. That there were instances of corruption or incompetence but checks and balances in place to offset that over time. I've come to learn differently. And that is across the board: left/right, public/private, media, yada, yada, yada.

Maybe I was naieve. But since 2011, I trust nobody and nothing.

It would be disastrous, in general, if jury members/forepeople could get a convict's sentence reduced by writing a letter.

This would open them up for bribery or extortion to do just that.

It would be disastrous, in general, if jury members/forepeople could get a convict's sentence reduced by writing a letter.

But it's OK for the DA's office to leak grand jury testimony and give press conferences with speculation that taints the jury pool? 👌

Maybe. But it certainly shows what a sham this trial was and in particular all of Pennsylvania’s legal system

Are we still here talking about Penn State?

Why?

The recruiting? The fun is gone in that.

Are we winning? Meh.

The "PSU Scandal?" They'll rot in hell, but they won.

Like so many things, the best days here have come and gone.

- PSU sucks.

- NCAA sucks.

- College football sucks.

- We are all only here because we have been here for a long time.

Interest is at an all time low and young people don't "GAF" about any of this.

The last one out.....shut off the lights.

Reactions: KanePoster
ADVERTISEMENT