ADVERTISEMENT

Only 13 second half points...

As expected.....dead legs in the 2nd half

Three games in as many days....while Purdue had a week off.

Gave it a nice run though

Only got to follow the game on the computer but it looks like they haven't scored a point in the last seven minutes. You're never going to win games doing that.

I Think They Lost Their Eyesight!

Can's see the rim.....can't see the ball.....can't see Purdue players to box out.

Just came up from the beach to watch the end. But seeing Jack taking

a 3 point shot while I was following via gametrack looked like a poor recipe for scoring. Why does Newbill wait for the very end of the game to try and take over? Newbill, Taylor Garner, and Thorpe should be taking the shots in the 2nd half of a game like this.

He made one early at the end of the shot clock and he thinks he's a 3 point

shooter again!

Tough loss but great run to end season. To me the game changed at

the end of the first half-up 10 and on a missed shot we committed a stupid foul giving them 2 points while the clock was stopped instead of making them work for it and then up 8 after gaining a rebound following the missed Newbill shot he fires up a jumper instead if running down the clock and taking the last shot and going in at half up 8-11 points depending on what happens. Instead Purdue buries a 3 at the end of the half and only goes in down 5; instead of 8-11 points. I realize Newbill hss been the heart and soul of the team all year but he has to know the time and situation and not taken that shot; furthermore Chambers should have called a t.o. after they got the rebound and gotten the team on the same page for the past shot before half time.

I believe it was 22 second half points...

but yes, 3 games in 3 days showed at the end

Re: I believe it was 22 second half points...

Purdue coach said he was glad they played PSU on the third day. They were tired and Purdue knew it, and took advantage through the last 10 minutes of the game.

Yes, that and when DJ missed two FTs

I think we were up by 5, could have ended up by 7. Instead he missed two FTs, Purdue goes down and hits a 3. From a possible up by 7 to just up by 2. I think that was the first sign DJ was running out of gas, but who could blame him? This and the final posession you talk about make a big difference in how desparate the scramble is in the last minute.

delete

but yes, 3 games in 3 days showed at the end

This post was edited on 3/13 4:49 PM by ALion4Life

Newbill couldn't make a shot for 18 minutes

they were all over him and he was missing the shots he had made the lasttwo games. Unfortunatley, the other guards (and Jack) also missed the open 3s. If Thorpe or Garner (or Jack for more than one) made those 3s, he end of the game is a little different,

Only 13 until the final 40 seconds

Newbill scored 9 meaningless points in the final 40 seconds. Zero points in the previous 8 1/2 minutes.

Re: Only 13 until the final 40 seconds

That has been the downfall of the team all year....they play great for a stretch and then just terrible for a 5-10 minute period. Regardless of how tired I'm sure they were 13 points in essentially an entire half is awful.....that cannot happen if you want to win the game

Very tough to shoot when your legs aren't there.

Good effort overall by the Lions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT