ADVERTISEMENT

One Team Event

ednit

Jul 23, 2001
I recently received an email from the Athletic Dept. inviting me to a "One Team" event at Beaver Stadium on July 7. Has anyone received one? Any idea on what will happen at the event?

I remember signing up for One Team in the Fall of 2012. At the time the (unjust) sanctions had really put a hurting on the finances of ICA. In exchange for signing up I remember there were to be some incentives, although I no longer remember what they were, except all members were to receive 50 NLC points at the conclusion of the 5 years.

I like the fact it's at the Stadium (I hope some behind the scenes tours are available) but also wondering if it's the same cheese, crackers, and cash bar that they have at the Coaches Caravan. I'm tempted to go, but that means a 7 hour round trip drive and most likely a hotel room for a night. I'm supposed to RSVP by the 23rd.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Everyone who shows up in an empty suit is named as Assistant AD.

1.jpeg

I was intrigued and wondered why I hadn't seen it mentioned more here. The wife was not so interested and we have other plans that morning and the next morning so I'm not going. I'd be interested to hear what it was like.

I sent the RSVP and am thinking of going, but it would be nice if they told us what's going on.

I'm certainly not driving all the way from Pittsburgh if all we get is Sandy and Cliffy.

Today's final email reminder said there would be performances by "The Voice" stars Adley Stump, Morgan Frazier, and David Ray. I assume they'll be in town for the following day's event. I hope it's more than a mini concert in which the above people will be more or less doing a rehearsal. The email said there would be food too but that could be anything. Whatever they do I hope they don't do it on the cheap. They better put together a good event if they are serious about saying "thank you" to the NLC members who were part of the One Team commitment.

They better be sending something out early next week with details.

I really have no interest in driving up there for some cheap food and a couple b-list country singers

So they sent out details for this event. A "box lunch"? that's it?

Imagine if they dangled this in front of people 5 years ago. No one would have seen this as a "perk".

So they sent out details for this event. A "box lunch"? that's it?

Imagine if they dangled this in front of people 5 years ago. No one would have seen this as a "perk".

I'm not sure exactly what everyone expects from this....sounds like people want to be wined and dined like they donated a million bucks....be serious. It is a simple thank you from the NLC, nothing more.

If they were doing something more people would be complaining about the amount of money they are spending

I'm not sure exactly what everyone expects from this....sounds like people want to be wined and dined like they donated a million bucks....be serious. It is a simple thank you from the NLC, nothing more.

If they were doing something more people would be complaining about the amount of money they are spending
It's only scheduled to last two hours and part of that is some music. I'd expect Barbour to get up and say a few words. Maybe she'll even field a question or two. Maybe some coaches will speak too. But I agree with you. Nobody should expect cars and cash as door prizes.

I disagree. If you have a first class event, with good food, good music, and prizes, people are much more likely to increase their donations and the payoff can be dramatic. I've been to events like this for the symphony, private school, local library, ladies club, etc. Every one was first class and they all paid off. Besides, the cost is relatively cheap. You get businesses to donate the food and prizes. If you go lavish everyone remembers. If you go cheap, no one forgets.

Last edited:
This event is a great opportunity to start raising funds for the stadium.

Making it a near-pot luck at a venue that just coincidentally will have musicians there already hardly makes me want to open my wallet more.

ADVERTISEMENT