ADVERTISEMENT

One question to ask Penn State Football beat writer?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I was attending a birthday party/dinner for a friend recently and got to meet a PSU FB beat writer who works for a small PA city. It’s not Dave Jones or anyone super high profile. I was familiar with his name and he does a good job.

He couldn’t have been more friendly and gracious when I told him that I was a big Penn State fan. He said that he’d love to talk Penn State football with me. We didn’t get to delve into football, but when saying goodbye he said to call or email him anytime to talk football or if I had specific questions.

So, it’s not like I have access to the program itself, but can get info from one degree of separation. I know some of you may have direct access to the program, so I’m not scooping anyone. I wondered what would be the one question you would ask of a beat writer who has covered Penn State for over two decades. What one question would you ask?

Reactions: Midnighter2
I was attending a birthday party/dinner for a friend recently and got to meet a PSU FB beat writer who works for a small PA city. It’s not Dave Jones or anyone super high profile. I was familiar with his name and he does a good job.

He couldn’t have been more friendly and gracious when I told him that I was a big Penn State fan. He said that he’d love to talk Penn State football with me. We didn’t get to delve into football, but when saying goodbye he said to call or email him anytime to talk football or if I had specific questions.

So, it’s not like I have access to the program itself, but can get info from one degree of separation. I know some of you may have direct access to the program, so I’m not scooping anyone. I wondered what would be the one question you would ask of a beat writer who has covered Penn State for over two decades. What one question would you ask?

Pretty cool. I don’t have a question but thought the other day about what the Sandusky scandal would have looked like if Joe retired in 2004 or something.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT