ADVERTISEMENT

One Mock Draft has 3 PSU players in 1st Round

BFPSU

Aug 26, 2001
CBS Sports has Parsons, Oweh and Pat F going in the 1st round in this years draft.

I’m surprised about Oweh, I read about him going in the first round on another site too. Not saying he won’t develop, I saw some flashes from him last year but obviously others see a lot of potential in him.

Obviously Michah is an early first rounder. I’ve seen Pat F all the way from 1st round to 3rd round.

I think Journey Brown will do pretty well for himself too.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Look at Cameron Wake... he too had raw physical tools and he became one of the best pass rushers of the last ten years. Oweh would compare to Wake, maybe even better measureables.

Reactions: 81b&w and BFPSU
Can’t wait to see all the ‘hes not ready, needs another year’ posts

Unless Oweh shows a lot of improvement at everything, getting off blocks, recognizing plays, and developing more pass rush moves he wont be going anywhere. He has it in him, but he just has to get there. Hopefully, it is this year. Agree with Journey. Hope we throw to him more. I'm going to say it, use more SCREEN plays to him.

I don't know what anyone is basing a round one grade on Oweh. He cannot play the run, does not hold the edge at all. This is a potential-based pick I guess, but after a couple years you can't just rely on potential. CFB is full of guys that had that one monster year before turning pro, but grading him as round one is essentially saying he will have that kind of year. I haven't seen anything in his play that would warrant that feeling.

Look at Cameron Wake... he too had raw physical tools and he became one of the best pass rushers of the last ten years. Oweh would compare to Wake, maybe even better measureables.
If I recall correctly, Wake left the NFL for the CFL in order to develop those raw physical skills. It doesn’t seem the NFL has more patience with early draft choices these days.

Reactions: 81b&w
Wake left the NFL because he couldn't get a roster spot, then was out of football, then got the itch again and tried the CFL.

ADVERTISEMENT